1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts

Default EVO pre-order 2000% higher than other Sprint phones

They are just one reseller but interesting tidbit...

That's because Sprint really didn't have really any pre-orders on any other smartphone. The Pre didn't really have Pre orders. Only a few Best Buys and Radio Shacks were doing a wait list. It wasn't a universal pre order with all the retailers. So of course the EVO would 2000% more. It is nice to see all those pre-orders though. For me, I will probably be waiting till the end of June. I want to try it out before I buy.

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

I need to try before i buy also. I like the phone but I'm wondering if the screen will be too big for me

“I waited in line at the Apple Store when the iPhone 3GS came out last year and from what I have seen so far, this launch and the demand is going to be even larger”, said Michael Ginsberg, President of 3Gstore.com.
    lmfao.. I highly doubt that will happen. I was dumb enough to get to a sprint store at 4am for a Palm Pre (I live an hour away, so i wanted to be extra careful) and there ended up being plenty to go around w/ extra's left over. I'm not saying this isn't going to be bigger, but I doubt Sprint will have a supply issue.

That's bull****....the only people who even know about this phone is all if us tech geeks that frequent the forums. The average person doesn't even know what "evo" means. Sprint has not done any marketing or commercials.....plus there are several outlets selling the phone. There is no way demand is that high. There will never be another situation like the original iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by flyonthewall View Post
    That's bull****....the only people who even know about this phone is all if us tech geeks that frequent the forums. The average person doesn't even know what "evo" means. Sprint has not done any marketing or commercials.....plus there are several outlets selling the phone. There is no way demand is that high. There will never be another situation like the original iPhone.
    You are incorrect - plenty of non tech forum people know about the phone. I was one of them. I only found the forum(s) searching for more information after I saw the ad on sprint in April.

My son is in little league and there were multiple NON tech people discussing the phone.. the word is out and that is the fastest way to spread anything - word of mouth.
    Banned

Global Posts
    272 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tntsniper View Post
    lmfao.. I highly doubt that will happen. I was dumb enough to get to a sprint store at 4am for a Palm Pre (I live an hour away, so i wanted to be extra careful) and there ended up being plenty to go around w/ extra's left over. I'm not saying this isn't going to be bigger, but I doubt Sprint will have a supply issue.

I tried to find a store to buy a Pre 2 months after its release and every sprint store and reseller in town (8 of them) were still sold out, and still had a dozen or so names a piece already waiting for the next shipment. I had to get one on ebay.

There was demand for the Pre because it was the first non BB/Winmo smart phone on Sprint.

There will be a decent demand for the Evo because it not only trumps every phone on sprint, it trumps every phone period for the time being.