Did a little roadtrip today

bagger

May 7, 2010
Visit site
So today I made a little roadtrip. I had to go to RadioShack to get a copy of their actual flyer for the $20 accessory credit, then I took that over to Best Buy (where I pre-ordered the first day) to see if they'd match that Shack deal. Anyways, BB honored it. They signed the paper and said bring it in along with everything else I need on d day.

Then I notice next to their computers, behind the counter that they had two EVO display models! Unfortunately they were just the dummy phones BUT I did get to check out the actual size, weight, kickstand, etc. It's actually a bit thinner than my BB Curve but bigger every other way. I put it in my pocket and it fit really nice....better than I would have thought. Kickstand looks to be a non issue of wearing out ever.

Just over 2 weeks to go! arrrrgh!

error4o4

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Why do the extra work to go to two places that sell the exact same thing? I mean if they were to say 20$ + 5 for your troubles sure...

But you wasted fuel and time for .. well nothing?

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
that's wise movement there. dont realize that it fits BB lowest price policy for such case. Anyways, that's really smart to do that, if you've already pre-order in BB, want to have $20 credit.

bagger

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Why do the extra work to go to two places that sell the exact same thing? I mean if they were to say 20$ + 5 for your troubles sure...

But you wasted fuel and time for .. well nothing?
Ok, as far as driving goes, BB and the Shack are VERY close to me.... I'd say I might have put 4 miles round trip behind the wheel, and that's a high estimate, so distance didn't matter to me.

I did it because I already pre-ordered the first day for Best Buy.... a day before the Shack started pre-orders....so to me, it was super quick and well worth it if I get the $20. I see it as a free car charger.

I would have printed it off if I had a printer here.

justinsaneeeee

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I work at a best buy for Clearwire and yesterday they got the dummies in ... I was soo excited to just feel it ... I love the feel to the phone even tho it is 4.3 inches it still feels good in the hands : )

bagger

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Oh, I forgot to mention; the BB guy said they were planning on opening the store early on the 4th to make the pre-order transactions smoother. 2 weeks sucks! Especially after cradling one of their dummy phones....so close, yet so far away! haha!

cpgoody

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I urge everyone to support RadioShack instead of having Best Buy match the $20 accessory rebate. RS is the retailer offering the most attractive price and we should show a little loyalty. I reserved my EVO yesterday at RS and it was a great experience. I mentioned to the sales rep that I currently have a 15% Verizon discount and she made a quick call to the Sprint rep and I will save 23% on my new plan. Great deal!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge