My EVO wont update. Help please

fej180

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I just recently came back to using my Evo 4G, and I was reminded of a problem I had a long time ago. It won''t install an update. The phone works well as is, but there is an HTC Software Update that I can't get to install. My phone popped up and told me about an update and I downloaded it and went to install it and it doesn't work. The pop up says

Would you like to download the following system software update?

System Upgrade 4.24.651.1 (109.22 MB)

- FOTA Update

So I downloaded the file over a WIFI connection and it downloaded succesfully and it verified that the files downloaded and everything so I went to install it and the phone shut down and started to flash the new update. The little box popped up and the progress bar and it gets about 15-25% done and then it switches to a triangle with an exclamation point in it. The phone won't respond to anything so I have to pull the battery and then it will reboot to my normal software will load up an then it will tell me again in a few moments after it boots it reminds me to install the file I downloaded for the update.

So basically, the file doesn't install and when it restarts it is just like it is before I tried to install the update. Does anyone possibly have any solutions on how I can get this update?

Thanks,
Fej180

batmanxgr

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Your EVO is smarter than you think. That update might be the GB update. Which I highly recommend NOT INSTALLING. if you're running 2.2? I wouldn't worry unless you're truely worried about security issues.

dwelder

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Are you downloading it over Wifi or 3G? When it comes to OTA updates, I try to only do them over a Wifi connection to ensure a solid download with no data connection interruptions.

Malina Brown

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I have this exact same problem, and none of the two responses above have anything to do with it!! Ihave tried 15 different ways to download this stupid update an it does the triangle thing with exclamation point also!1 very frustrating!! Anyone who knows what there talking about that can help!!!!!

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
If you are on a custom recovery and rom the OTA will not take, it needs the stock recovery and stock rom

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney