Any Demos in store yet?

jedisrus

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I just went by my local store and wa given this line. I can't tell you much about the Evo besides our advocate has one but can't show it to customers, we will not have a demo befofe June 4th, and we will not be doing any preorders.

Needless to say I won't be back there any time soon.

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I just went by my local store and wa given this line. I can't tell you much about the Evo besides our advocate has one but can't show it to customers, we will not have a demo befofe June 4th, and we will not be doing any preorders.

Needless to say I won't be back there any time soon.

That's basically the same story I got from my local Sprint store.

lshelmir

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I was told that they have one at the Elk Grove Sprint store, for employee training only, the Store advisor did let me see a to scale drawing of it to compare to my BlackBerry and his Hero.

lshelmir

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I can see it now... Get the box home, open it up... and see it looking NOTHING like the original product...

All a big scheme to get the restocking fees.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
my local Best Buy has at least 6 EVO dummies that they just got in. the dummies look/feel almost real except for the dummy screen. it's amazing how large the display of the EVO is vs. the Incredible. i thought they would be comparable but side by side the EVO display size blows away the Incredible's display size. the width is really a big difference. the Incredible display looks tiny. i was shocked.

the weight/size of the EVO is just fine. very slim, solid feel, and fits great in the front pocket. the minimalist bezel means you have lots of display vs. phone size.

can't wait until June 4!

Darth Pooh#CB

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
That's basically the same story I got from my local Sprint store.

I was told that they have one at the Elk Grove Sprint store, for employee training only, the Store advisor did let me see a to scale drawing of it to compare to my BlackBerry and his Hero.

I suppose it's all in what store you go to. Like I've said, I've been to two stores, both with no problems seeing the device. No I will not post them here due to the fact I am not trying to get employees in trouble.

Fairly stupid if you ask me. There are a million videos of it out there, letting a customer check it out for size and speed is a no brainer. Make them more excited for the 4th is brilliant marketing.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i recommend anyone near a BB go stop by and check out the dummy EVOs. you may want to call them first to make sure they have one. when you do, be sure to compare it to an Incredible.

Darth Pooh#CB

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Since they won't let anyone look at them, wondering if that means they are loaded with 2.2 :p

We already know they are not cause several people have had a hands on with them already confirming its running 2.1

This.

But as pointed out it isn't entirely unreasonable to think HTC hasn't tested 2.2 on the Evo either.

R2D2 631

May 16, 2010
Visit site
i stepped into a sprint store in manhattan on 23rd and 5th..Big store,I would say, dont know if its a corporate,mite be....so i asked wheres the evo and sprint rep said they have none...i said cmon im sure u got sum in the bak and he said we got none at all...i wuz like yea dont think so playa..i guess they must be on strict orders not 2 say a thang....i thought they should've displayed it early in that hot location..

Last edited:

GooberVox

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Evo spotted at Best Buy in Ft Lauderdale

My buddy was picking up an HD2 Case but didnt have his phone on him. He asked if he thought a particular case would fit,and the associate said "im not suppose to do this but.." and he pulled out the Evo to test the case out! So I know for a fact they have atleast one wrking Evo!:D

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
i recommend anyone near a BB go stop by and check out the dummy EVOs. you may want to call them first to make sure they have one. when you do, be sure to compare it to an Incredible.

Stopped by BB on my way home from work. They had a couple of dummy ones. Just a fraction bigger than my current phone but all screen. It did seem heavy for some reason.

I asked the BB guy what the off-contract price would be. He said $700-$800. Guess I won't be buying at BB.

mightymouse68

May 18, 2010
Visit site
When I pre-ordered mine from my local BB two days ago, the mobile rep pulled out a dummy phone with the fake screen on it. I held it, caressed it, and almost proposed marriage to it. I can't wait until the 4th. The one thing I did notice is that the phone was quite top-heavy because of the cameras. I originally held the bottom half of the phone and it felt as though it was going to flip over the top of my hand. I guess I'll have to hold the phone closer to the top. It would have been nice if HTC had used a counterweight for the bottom of the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shao61