HTC EVO4G - Does Best Buy require you to activate at the store?

timlot

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm really anal about other people handling something brand new that just purchased. I would rather take it home and call sprint to activate it, but I've never purchased a phone from BB so don't know what there policy is.

desairs

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes, as long as you are using an upgrade or new activation discount. This is supposed to be an anti-fraud measure according to BB and Sprint.

tojoe616

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
Its required to activate the line in the system. But with every android phone from Sprint they just over the air activate. So honestly if you wanted they could leave it in the box and you can just turn it on when you get home. Problem being if something goes wrong with the activation you may need a second trip into the store to get it resolved. So I guess you can weigh out the issue of letting them make sure its good in the store, or taking it home and doing it yourself, and if something wasn't right trying to get back in on a busy day to get them to fix the issue.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Its required to activate the line in the system. But with every android phone from Sprint they just over the air activate. So honestly if you wanted they could leave it in the box and you can just turn it on when you get home. Problem being if something goes wrong with the activation you may need a second trip into the store to get it resolved. So I guess you can weigh out the issue of letting them make sure its good in the store, or taking it home and doing it yourself, and if something wasn't right trying to get back in on a busy day to get them to fix the issue.

do they just get the ESN/SN off of the box?

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: Does Best Buy require you to activate at the store?

I'm really anal about other people handling something brand new that just purchased. I would rather take it home and call sprint to activate it, but I've never purchased a phone from BB so don't know what there policy is.

The "cheap" feel of the Note 2 is so easy to correct. Purchased an aftermarket battery cover in Carbon Fiber on Amazon for $15. Looks and feels amazing.

Still can't wait to get the 3 and the gear...next payday!

Sent from my GT-P6210 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22