Best Buy To Offer Free Bluetooth With Evo Activations

twan2001

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I was at BB tonight buying headphones for my wife's phone and asked if they would match RS in anyway. I was told no.
I then asked if they might be giving anything with the phone to counter RS's $20 accessory credit and again was told no.

The person that you talked to obviously hasn't read their e-mail. You will see it in TV ads soon.

vWvSTATICvWv

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Maybe you could answer this, i talked about it in the RS thread. How come BB isn't running the credit checks the day of preorder? I think it would make more sense to get atleast that out of the way, considering the herds of people expected to show up early June 4. I already ordered at BB and will be sticking with them, but it seems like RS is taking things a lil more seriously IMO

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Maybe you could answer this, i talked about it in the RS thread. How come BB isn't running the credit checks the day of preorder? I think it would make more sense to get atleast that out of the way, considering the herds of people expected to show up early June 4. I already ordered at BB and will be sticking with them, but it seems like RS is taking things a lil more seriously IMO

Its part of BB's whole phone sign up process. I was told they can do it, but they will still have to do it again when they sign you up for a plan.

csierra72

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
so has anyone heard if this is gonna be true or would best buy match the radio shack deal... Thanks

It's true. I just left Best Buy. I'll tell you what, the people who complain about this phone being too big and heavy are nuts. I got to check out the demo and and it feels great. It's not at all top heavy like one reviewer wrote either. It's going to be an awesome day on June 4th. They are opening early at the store I pre ordered. Opening at 8am just for the Evo to do customer tutorials. After spending about a half hour with the mobile manager and another potential customer he asked me where I got all my info from. Said he was impressed with my knowledge of the device. I told him to come check out the site.

twan2001

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
so are you saying there gonna be giving away the headset at best buy with the pre order of the evo

no its not with the pre-order, it's with the purchase of the phone... If we did it with the pre-order then people would come and get a free bluetooth without any intentions of purchasing the phone.

twan2001

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Its part of BB's whole phone sign up process. I was told they can do it, but they will still have to do it again when they sign you up for a plan.

That is correct, the system we use is beast... It's a system that would make us have to run the credit twice. we have the same system that RS uses, that is called snap that would allow us to run credit in advance but that system is far slower.

basically snap with pre-ran credit would equal to the same time spent to do the whole transaction with our system... It's really not that big of a deal.

error4o4

May 17, 2010
Visit site
That is correct, the system we use is beast... It's a system that would make us have to run the credit twice. we have the same system that RS uses, that is called snap that would allow us to run credit in advance but that system is far slower.

basically snap with pre-ran credit would equal to the same time spent to do the whole transaction with our system... It's really not that big of a deal.

You make it sound like a 15 minute process.

Log in, enter customers account number, enter new esn, pick plan, print contract , close. Total time spent about 3 minutes max on a slow internet day.

Vs re-entering credit information and running the credit check then going back to the entire previous steps.

Just saying, mis-information shouldnt be given.

twan2001

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site

Log in, enter customers account number, enter new esn, pick plan, print contract , close. Total time spent about 3 minutes max on a slow internet day.

Vs re-entering credit information and running the credit check then going back to the entire previous steps.

I have no idea what you're talking about... I'm just saying, using Beast takes me about 5 min. to activate a phone on one of my slow days... Are you a radio shack employee or something?

freddyc

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Twan, thanks for the heads-up. I preordered my Evo at my local BB, and the girl that helped me was awesome. Kinda cute, too ;).

Quick question: I've seen that some BB's are doing appointments, and others are not. Mine didn't. Do you know if they're opening earlier on 6/4? I would imagine it's business as usual, and the girl did mention that the 4th would be "All Hands On Deck", but they only had 3 registers, so that won't be too many hands. Just wondering how I should plan my day. Thanks again for the info ...

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I also heard that it could be in sooner than the 4th.......................... DO NOT FLAME ME FOR SAYING THIS! My BB guy said they will be calling to set appts and that they will be installing my mail and "a couple of apps" to which I replied, "Oh no you won't". He also said they will have every employee working that day and that they "could come in sooner than the 4th".......... everything I'm seeing about "must be activated on June 4th" indicates otherwise, but he had just spent all day with his HTC rep - so I don't know if he knows what he's talking about or not.

BTW: Since this thread is originally about the Craptronics BT headset - I have no interest in this.....at. all. whatsoever. period. end of discussion. Should I sell it?

twan2001

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Twan, thanks for the heads-up. I preordered my Evo at my local BB, and the girl that helped me was awesome. Kinda cute, too ;).

Quick question: I've seen that some BB's are doing appointments, and others are not. Mine didn't. Do you know if they're opening earlier on 6/4? I would imagine it's business as usual, and the girl did mention that the 4th would be "All Hands On Deck", but they only had 3 registers, so that won't be too many hands. Just wondering how I should plan my day. Thanks again for the info ...

It's completely up to that store to open early. Most stores will not open early due to the fact that we might get more phones than were pre-ordered and it wouldnt be fair to the customers who visited our website and read that we'll open at 10a. Smaller volume stores will not do appointments because it's just not necessary.

twan2001

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I also heard that it could be in sooner than the 4th.......................... DO NOT FLAME ME FOR SAYING THIS! My BB guy said they will be calling to set appts and that they will be installing my mail and "a couple of apps" to which I replied, "Oh no you won't". He also said they will have every employee working that day and that they "could come in sooner than the 4th".......... everything I'm seeing about "must be activated on June 4th" indicates otherwise, but he had just spent all day with his HTC rep - so I don't know if he knows what he's talking about or not.

BTW: Since this thread is originally about the Craptronics BT headset - I have no interest in this.....at. all. whatsoever. period. end of discussion. Should I sell it?

lol, no matter what anyone tells you, we cannot and will not sell the phone early unless Jesus himself comes in and asks for it, and even then sprint probably won't let him activate it. If you do not want the bluetooth the i would sell it or make it a cheap gift for a not so loved one.

*Maybe your local wal-mart sells the same model (hint hint) but that's my thinking and is in no way the thoughts or opinions of Best Buy.

fredd0

May 18, 2010
Visit site

beast will eat your lunch. maybe error404 is some store's reason for 60% beast usage?

Last edited: