Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best Buy To Offer Free Bluetooth With Evo Activations

Hi, I'm a Best Buy Mobile Manager and I we just got info around what we are doing to match the Radio Shack $20 offer. We will NOT match that offer as a company. Instead we've decided to trump their offer. We will be giving away a Plantronics 230 ($40 value) with any HTC Evo 4G activation. We will receive extra stock in order to be able to fulfill customer demand.

This is not something that some random poster is making up. You will see this offer being called out on TV ads during the first month of launch.

Let me know if you have any questions regarding this or anything else Best Buy Related.

Plantronics 230 suck lol i rather get $40 toward a accessory of my choice like the dock or something

I do love me some best buy, but honestly, I would rather have the 40 towards anything for my evo, screen protectors, car chargers, etc...
    I personally hate the little bluetooth headsets.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

I like my $30 off at RS instead of getting a BT headset that I'll **** on anyways.

Global Posts
    906 Global Posts

Nice if true!!!

Does Bestbuy also offer the INSTANT REBATE like Radio Shack is?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Yea, guys I understand where you are coming from, I'm sure some locations will handle that on a case by case basis.

And Desairs. You might wanna read this...
    "*Offer valid with this coupon through 6/27/2010 at participating stores. Limit one coupon per person. Apple Products, gaming hardware/software, laptops/netbooks, gift cards, services, special orders, and online and phone orders excluded. May not be combined with certain other discounts. No cash value. No photocopies. Void where prohibited."

So that will only be $20 off... but you don't like Best Buy and that's okay. We still love you.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Gmaxxx View Post
    Does Bestbuy also offer the INSTANT REBATE like Radio Shack is?
    Yes we do, There are no mail in rebates for any of our products... One of our promises to our customers is straight forward pricing.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock for now.

Quote Originally Posted by twan2001 View Post
    Yea, guys I understand where you are coming from, I'm sure some locations will handle that on a case by case basis.

And Desairs. You might wanna read this...
    "*Offer valid with this coupon through 6/27/2010 at participating stores. Limit one coupon per person. Apple Products, gaming hardware/software, laptops/netbooks, gift cards, services, special orders, and online and phone orders excluded. May not be combined with certain other discounts. No cash value. No photocopies. Void where prohibited."

So that will only be $20 off... but you don't like Best Buy and that's okay. We still love you.

Just a FYI those coupons can work on Phone sales as long as an accessory is added on the same ticket. If its ONLY the phone it wont. It seems to trick the system. (You get 20$ free anyways, no reason to not have accessories at that point)

And pretty smart marketing from BestBuy there.. Offer a 40 dollar item (really costs about 12$) and look amazing to the general public.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    Nice if true!!!
    It's true, I would post the official e-mail that i received from corporate office but i don't know if they consider that confidential and I don't want to get in trouble.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Oh I didn't see that. I would still rather choose and what I get than get a BT I'll never use. I already have BT in my car and I don't even use that.

As for Best Buy, the only reason I hate the place is because of the attitude that a majority of the employees have along with their unwillingness to go beyond the bare minimum. I'm not saying that everyone is like that, but the majority of employees in my local stores are sub par.

EDIT: Oh and why wouldn't they just give us a case? Most people want one anyways and it costs BB less. Always shafting the customer
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by error4o4 View Post
    And pretty smart marketing from BestBuy there.. Offer a 40 dollar item (really costs about 12$) and look amazing to the general public.
    So that means that any $20 accessory you can purchase from RS really costs $6

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Yeah but we get to pick that cheap *** item.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by desairs View Post
    Oh I didn't see that. I would still rather choose and what I get than get a BT I'll never use. I already have BT in my car and I don't even use that.

As for Best Buy, the only reason I hate the place is because of the attitude that a majority of the employees have along with their unwillingness to go beyond the bare minimum. I'm not saying that everyone is like that, but the majority of employees in my local stores are sub par.

EDIT: Oh and why wouldn't they just give us a case? Most people want one anyways and it costs BB less. Always shafting the customer
    I know it sucks, Sometimes I go into other (BBY) locations and I wonder who was in charge of staffing, but 'I guess you get that with any company. I'm sorry for any less than superior shopping experience that you've got at best buy.

Best Buy Mobile is a completely separate branch of the company (Mobile Phones | Contract Phones | Cheap Mobile Phone Deals & SIMs) And we try to have higher staffing expectations. If you have any issues with any Mobile Employee, you should take that issue to the Best Buy Mobile manager and I'm we'll do anything to attempt to make our customers happy.

And the bluetooth instead of the case is probably due to a contract with plantronics.

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts

come on, that's not very professional as BB manager to insult other retailer like that. so you were say all items in BB are so not over priced, but RS does?

Dont get me wrong, I like BB, my local store offers good service and suggestion at the most of time. My understanding to what D said there is, as a EVO4G customer, we want to have something really awesome to match EVO, so case, dock will the top choice. Imagine this, BT stuff is not something so fancy now, guess everyone has one or two, so it's not that so attractive to everyone, even it might be worth $40

ROM
    Stock for now.

Play nice mkay? I just got done saying good job Bestbuy to you.. and thats the response

Best Buy Mobile is a completely separate branch of the company (Mobile Phones | Contract Phones | Cheap Mobile Phone Deals & SIMs) And we try to have higher staffing expectations. If you have any issues with any Mobile Employee, you should take that issue to the Best Buy Mobile manager and I'm we'll do anything to attempt to make our customers happy.
    This is a major point to be made. While I by no means enjoy BestBuy as a company, I really wish this point could be made stronger.

Typically from my secret shopping I do (It lets me learn my competition better) I've noticed BBM employees are more focused and concerned about you purchasing something vs regular BestBuy employees and how they hate you for attempting to talk to them.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Hmm interesting. A funny thing happened to me on Monday. I went to BBY to preorder the phone and see if they would match RS with the $20. I stood in the modile phone section for 25 minutes without any acknowledgment that I was there. One chick was talking to a customer (understandable) and the other was stocking something in a shelf. I would have taken a "Hey give me a few minutes" or "We'll be with you shortly." This pretty much just put it over the edge for me. It was store 1130 in TN.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ky1e.YC View Post
    come on, that's not very professional as BB manager to insult other retailer like that. so you were say all items in BB are so not over priced, but RS does?

Dont get me wrong, I like BB, my local store offers good service and suggestion at the most of time. My understanding to what D said there is, as a EVO4G customer, we want to have something really awesome to match EVO, so case, dock will the top choice. Imagine this, BT stuff is not something so fancy now, guess everyone has one or two, so it's not that so attractive to everyone, even it might be worth $40
    Not an insult just a fact. The car charger costs RS less than $6 it's just a fact. Do you think that the $40 HDMI cables at BBY cost anywhere near that? No it's more like $2.93 or something close to that.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by Ky1e.YC View Post

Dont get me wrong, I like BB, my local store offers good service and suggestion at the most of time.
    I wasn't trying to insult another Radio Shack and I apologize if it came off that way. My intention was to point out that all retail stores mark their products up from wholesale cost in order to stay afloat.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

I wasn't trying to insult another Radio Shack and I apologize if it came off that way. My intention was to point out that all retail stores mark their products up from wholesale cost in order to stay afloat.
    Not an insult just a fact. The car charger costs RS less than $6 it's just a fact. Do you think that the $40 HDMI cables at BBY cost anywhere near that? No it's more like $2.93 or something close to that.
    Beat me to it!

Cool, thanks for the info!
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Hmm interesting. A funny thing happened to me on Monday. I went to BBY to preorder the phone and see if they would match RS with the $20. I stood in the modile phone section for 25 minutes without any acknowledgment that I was there. One chick was talking to a customer (understandable) and the other was stocking something in a shelf. I would have taken a "Hey give me a few minutes" or "We'll be with you shortly." This pretty much just put it over the edge for me. It was store 1130 in TN.
    As a representative for the company I apologize for that sub-par experience and I'll make a call to that store and talk to that manager tomorrow, thanks for the heads up.
    Roy Aguilera

The man came in here to give people heads up about the special offer. Let's move on if its not for you or you think you can get a better deal else where. This is not a flame bb thread.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Honestly thank you for at least having some concern. It's reassuring that people actually do care about the customer. Maybe Best Buy will have another chance in my book. Now if only I can get the people to stop slapping me in the face with the Black Tie Protection on everything.

With that being said. In your honest opinion which is better? TEP or BTP?

EDIT: Sorry about that mod.

Hey, does best buy have dif. amount depoist (If needed) to start a new contract? Or does sprint make the price up?
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast