Breaking News: Google I/O get Evo Today!!!

PhilR8

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
@jpsamora: I agree, although I guess you have to give lead time for training and point-of-sale materials and ad campaigns and all that nonsense. It seems like Apple has been the best at getting product into your hands very soon after they are announced (iPad, 3GS). Worst has got to be WM7, which looks awesome but may not be released until 2011. I'd actually like to wait, but things fell into place to convince me to buy an Evo.

desairs

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I see that many people are upset about the people at I/O getting free EVOs. It's actually a great thing. Most of the people at I/O are devs and it shows that 1) HTC has plenty of these phones and 2) HTC wants the devs to make some killer apps for this phone especially.

jaymojones

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I see that many people are upset about the people at I/O getting free EVOs. It's actually a great thing. Most of the people at I/O are devs and it shows that 1) HTC has plenty of these phones and 2) HTC wants the devs to make some killer apps for this phone especially.

I totally agree! It is a great thing! Look forward to all of the new apps that will be developed. I knew I should have went this year :(

apexi350z

May 18, 2010
Visit site
No need to feel bad that we are not 1 of the 5000 that got the free phone, now the phone is out in developer's hands, they can start rooting the device, and see if the wifi hotspot app works, among other things. Then post on this forum and give us all the details before we get our pre-orders on 6/4 :)

We should see some new rooting info soon!

desairs

May 16, 2010
Visit site
registration was $400-$500 so not exactly "free". interesting that now there are 5,000+ EVOs on the Sprint network.

True but as a student I could have went for a mere $100. Then of course you have to factor in airfare and a hotel room (which was supposed to be discounted for people that went to I/O). This would have definitely put it way above the $199 upgrade price and even the $450 outright price.

I'm sure that the devs that went there were sponsored by their respective companies and did in fact get it for free (to them at least).

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
150 dollar premium for 2 weeks of coolness? Not getting that. :)

sorry I was away from my computer so didn't have a chance to reply to anyone but anyway, to me it was a awesome deal. I bought one which was sent overnight so will have it actually tomorrow or saturday for $560 and I sold my pre-ordered one already on ebay for $550 it was listed as a pre-order so the person on ebay knows that it will be shipped on June 4th, so the fact that I had the oportunity to also sell my hero for $225 I think this is a awsome deal since I would be forced to use a dumb phone and its only costing me $10 extra to get it 2 weeks in advance. I will be on these forums all next week so if anyone has any questions I will be more then happy to answer them.

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
sorry I was away from my computer so didn't have a chance to reply to anyone but anyway, to me it was a awesome deal. I bought one which was sent overnight so will have it actually tomorrow or saturday for $560 and I sold my pre-ordered one already on ebay for $550 it was listed as a pre-order so the person on ebay knows that it will be shipped on June 4th, so the fact that I had the oportunity to also sell my hero for $225 I think this is a awsome deal since I would be forced to use a dumb phone and its only costing me $10 extra to get it 2 weeks in advance. I will be on these forums all next week so if anyone has any questions I will be more then happy to answer them.

That $550 presale on eBay is going to cost you around $60 in eBay and PayPal fees & shipping. I recently sold my iPhone 3GS for $697 and it cost me close to $70 between all that (shipping was high because I fully insured it and made sure an adult signature was required).

theiphonewannabe

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site

I just cannot see paying a premium price for a phone that you can have in two weeks. It'd be one thing if this happened a couple of months ago. You'd be one bad dude having the EVO back in March. Two weeks early = meh. :)

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I just cannot see paying a premium price for a phone that you can have in two weeks. It'd be one thing if this happened a couple of months ago. You'd be one bad dude having the EVO back in March. Two weeks early = meh. :)

ya but also consider that I have sold my HTC Hero for $225 and when the evo is available I probably won't be able to sell it for more then like $150 at the most. So I'm not really loosing any money.

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
well don't really have any extra money I just needed a phone and already had a buyer on craigslist to buy my HTC Hero for $225 so I would be without a phone which in my opinion was the best solution.

Also as far as ebay fees the guy just paypaled me the money so all I had to pay is $9 for paypal fees and will have to pay for shipping but the guy payed seperately for shipping so really I'm just paying $20 total extra to have an evo now. Anyway I'm excited should be here later today.

csierra72

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
What is most interesting is that the phone boots up in under 40 seconds. My heading-for-oblivion Pre takes about THREE MINUTES to wind up. Simply terrible and inexcusable. And soon not to be my problem.

Drives me freakin nuts. I'll be glad to be done with that problem.

Darth Pooh#CB

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
if you have the money, right on.

well don't really have any extra money I just needed a phone and already had a buyer on craigslist to buy my HTC Hero for $225 so I would be without a phone which in my opinion was the best solution.

Also as far as ebay fees the guy just paypaled me the money so all I had to pay is $9 for paypal fees and will have to pay for shipping but the guy payed seperately for shipping so really I'm just paying $20 total extra to have an evo now. Anyway I'm excited should be here later today.

Congrats mate.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

nice arbitrage. i hope it all works out and your best laid plan doesn't all go to hell somewhere.

we expect an immediate review with photos/video asap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz