EVO 4g will replace my netbook

djtarique

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I just bought a $500 asus 12.inch eepc netbook. After reading these favorable reviews, I think the EVO'S screen and the ability to watch the FULL web on my phone trumps the need to carry a netbook. I'm going to return it and get a higher end laptop. Anybody else fill the same way? I work in the EMT world and this EVO made my netbook look like a laptop.

Fitz1015

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I have a PALM PRE and I surf the internet on it more then i do my netbook or laptop. i think the EVO is going to kill both of them

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Thats one of many reasons i'm getting rid of my Palm Pre because of the screen, I surf a lot more on my phone then my laptop but I won't give up my laptop.

Last edited:

djtarique

May 1, 2010
Visit site
i will upgrade to a laptop and get rid of my netbook for this badboy. this thing is epic and i never even touched it yet. say hi to the full web in the palm of my hands

Setite

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm keeping my 9" Asus T91MT. I sorta love the netbook and sorta hate how tiny the resolution is. I love it because the htc evo can't crack wifi :), but the SD card hidden in my netbook with BackTrack can. It also has a keyboard that is just a smidge too small, but beats an on-screen keyboard for some tasks. Google's voice transcription will give it a run for its money in some things. Someone needs to release android for PC's :)

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Actually, in addition to a PC I am building I am also going to get a small cheap notebook for school and stuff. You can't beat there battery life, and their screen is generally bigger. I am going to be so broke :(

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I have an older Lenovo S10 that I'll be getting rid of fairly soon after the EVO release. Thats just because I'm getting either a new Macbook or Macbook Pro 13.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have a nice Palm Bluetooth keyboard that is just crying to be carried around with the Evo. I am sure it is not needed for day to day use but for longer sessions or a lot of typing it should work well.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I have a nice Palm Bluetooth keyboard that is just crying to be carried around with the Evo. I am sure it is not needed for day to day use but for longer sessions or a lot of typing it should work well.

why carry around that clumsy bulky relic? the EVO keyboard is probably almost comparable in size. throw it in the recycle bin IMO.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
As I said for longer sessions. With the kickstand it may be nice to sit it there like a screen and compose email and documents on it from a keyboard. My BT keyboard folds up so it is not that big to carry, I will just toss it in my bag. Even as big as they keyboard will be, you cannot beat a real keyboard when you have a lot of typing to do.

This is of course JMHO and YMMV! i:Di

feet

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I was very close to ordering a tablet like the touchbook or a netvertible and I still may down the line but pocket portable is my real dream.

In the last decade and a half I've tried to find that but the only thing I ever found was pain. Devices so slow, large or heavy that I opted for a peice of paper instead or gave up and left them home altogether.

The evo looks so much closer to being "the one". One device that can reasonably replace five for daily life and fast enough to actually be usuable. that is making the wait so much harder.

legacy

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Actually, I'm getting an iPad to complement my Evo. :)

It'll mostly be used as an overhead DVD player in the SUV (and for recipes in the kitchen).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle