Is the Incredible better then the EVO 4G?

ashykat

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I agree that VZW would charge you to breathe if they could. But I found found them to be very flexible, and their customer service to also be very good. Maybe they are flexible because I'm never delinquent paying my bill?

It would have been a very, very difficult decision if the EVO had been available on VZW. I probably would have had to wait to hold both in my hand before I made my decision, same as if the N1 had been available. The Incredible has no other competition on VZW right now, so the choice was very clear. And I am very, extremely happy with this device.

I absolutely agree that the Incredible is a great device. I'm not crazy about AMOLED yet though due to the issues they have outside, but the color saturation looks pretty amazing. Every time I pick up my wifes Samsung Rogue I think, "God this screen looks great!" so I can definitely see the allure. Also the pocketability of the Evo will be somewhat a challenge at times I'm sure, which is something a 3.7 inch screen probably wouldn't give me. If I was going to stay with VZW that would be the phone I'd get.

As far as their customer service goes, maybe I've just had bad luck at my store? They've always been pretty unwavering even when speaking to management. I actually had to call *611 in their store and talk to customer service to finally get my issue resolved. I always paid on time as well. If money is no issue to people I definitely think that coverage wise VZW is the way to go. I don't think I ever had a dropped call with them, which is a far cry from my experience with AT&T.

fry8

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Honestly it could just be the build quality between the different phones (from evo to evo). Maybe that's why some reviewers were saying it was slower or some have said that the call quality wasn't that great and some said that the call quality in fact did sound great. In my experience with the evo I did find the earpiece speaker to be on the soft side though. I will let you guys know if there is a difference between build quality between the mass market phone and the pre market phones.

Gameboy70

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
I'd consider getting the Incredible if it were on Sprint and supported 4G, just because it's more pocketable and has more internal memory. But I'd never switch carriers just for a phone, since all of them are bound to be obsolesced by something else in a few months. I'm going with the Evo since it's the one Snapdragon Android phone on Sprint that runs on 4G.

Jordus

Banned
May 5, 2010
Visit site
I'll never understand why people are trying to go to arms over 2 phones that are very very close to one another.

I'd bet other than shell/screen and some carrier specific preloaded stuff and radios, the Incredible/Evo are essentially identical.

Incredible = best phone on Verizon

Evo = best phone on Sprint.

We shouldnt be fighting amongst our HTC friends, but rather be making fun of the iPhone noobs on AT&T

DroidGnome

May 16, 2010
Visit site
at the time i bought the Centro, it was the best smartphone available on Sprint. if they would have had a Centro XL and XXL at the time - i would have bought the XXL.

Me too! I got my Centro the day it was released (though purely by accident, didn't even know about it).. and use it STILL. It's a great little phone, and if you spend the time to research it's apps it is quite a powerful little device.

The Evo is the first phone I've seen (well except the Incredible) that has made me want to finally put my Centro to rest. I'm really gonna miss my Palm apps.

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have an EVO 4G, it's from Google I/O (they gave them to developers with a month of free service) and tne phone is awesome but this is what I noticed that is strange and hope it gets fixed in 2.2 froyo:

1. The YouTube app is a little buggy, when you go to a video and try to go back the screen stays black and I had to just press the home button because it wouldn't do anything

2. Sometimes the scrolling lags, not often but sometimes it was choppy

3. The weather apps don't update sometimes for a while, so you need to refresh it yourself

4. When you take pictures that are clear, the picture is blurry when you view it but when you zoom in on the picture a little bit the picture is crisp, you can wait and wait but the picture stays blurry until you zoom into picture, even just a little bit of zooming in will make the picture look how it should look...weird I know

Last edited:

jxc

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
no way the incredible is better, the EVO is currently the best phone in the world, IMO and besides, if you want a phone with a screen that is hard to see outside then go with the incredible, other than that, the EVO is better in every way...

of course, i believe that you should choose the best carrier for your money first and then choose the phone, if you have good sprint and verizon coverage where you always are, then the EVO is the BEST phone in the world, IMO

ls3mach

Banned
May 9, 2010
Visit site
at the time i bought the Centro, it was the best smartphone available on Sprint. if they would have had a Centro XL and XXL at the time - i would have bought the XXL.

lmfao

The Centro has NEVER been the best smartphone on Sprint, not even when it came out.

Jordus

Banned
May 5, 2010
Visit site
for a serious business user - yes. for an $8/hour gamer fanboy - no.

oh_snap.gif

ls3mach

Banned
May 9, 2010
Visit site
for a serious business user - yes. for an $8/hour gamer fanboy - no.

I am not going to get into a salary pissing match on a web forum. Suffice it to say, I don't make $8 an hour. (I could post a photo of my bonus though from last quarter. I sent it to my ex who wouldn't leave me alone and was telling me about her new boyfriend. She doesn't bother me anymore.) :)

You don't really think the Centro is a that much better of a business device than all the other phones that came out in 2007, do you? Did it add any features over the Treo650, from 2004? Also something to note, a lot of business's do not allow camera phones inside of the building. I would think to call it truley a business device, it would have to have an option to buy without a camera.

The Palm Centro, while an okay phone, was really just a new form factor on the Treo650. It's hardware was 3 years old and it's OS even older. Garnet should have been done away with years before the Centro hit.

Having said all of that. I owned 2 Treo650s and a Centro. My buddy uses my old Centro now. My mom used it before him. I only used it for a VERY short time as it was a huge step back for me coming from the PPC6800 and the 6700 before that.

blupit30

May 21, 2010
Visit site
*Size - some people prefer flip phones and sliders too. Some prefer to read fully presented webpages and use a keyboard with more natural spacing. EVO is better.

*AMOLED - Have you tried to use the Incredible screen in open sunlight?? Yea I love brighter colors if I have to use two hands to provide shade for my phone to read it /sarcasm off. EVO wins

*Cost - Do an apples to apples comparison of equal plans and Sprint is consistently cost-competitive against other carriers. 450minutes and unlimited data, text = $10 diff to the benefit of Sprint versus Verizon. EVO wins.

*Speed - No we don't know the answer yet so why don't we just not comment?

----------------
As for your other points:

*Wifi HotSpot - Wherever your laptop is at, do you have your phone with you? The answer is yes. And since I pay $59.99 for a 5GB capped Mobile broadband for my lappy from Verizon - $29.99 just saved me 30bucks with Sprint with no bandwidth caps. So yea Verizon can SUCK IT.

*Screen Size - yea and chicks say size doesn't matter too /sarcasm off

*4G/WiMax - since most the cities haven't been fully lit up yet - let's hold off on the sniping since every review has shown 4G to be faster than 3G in all cases. Whether it is reaching Sprint's advertised rate versus reality, that's yet to be told. But hey don't listen to the guy who gets barely .5mb/s download throughput on Verizon's supposedly superior 3G service in some locations and almost 2mb/s in others..

*Front Facing Cam - I'll wait till someone posts a detail review of the QIK app before I open my yapper and pretend to talk for 'a lot of people'

Trust me I'm not banging Verizon (I use it, my wife has an Eris) - but dam these emo posts from folks nibling at every little detail to find fault where there is an obvious benefit just crack me up.

kudos!:cool:

DevilInPgh

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Something on this thread made me think of a possible problem I may have with Sprint (not that it's going to make much difference, I'm still getting the EVO). When I go home to Florida a few times a year and use my VZW Curve 8330, I notice that it gets mediocre penetration in the house (and large parts of the house being dead zones. Go outside, problem gone). This extends to all the VZW phones in the house. So if this problem is on the lower 850 MHz spectrum, am I going to have a reception problem with Sprint's 1800 MHz spectrum?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2