Is the Incredible better then the EVO 4G?

osakran

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I already pre-ordered my EVO 4G and Ive been reading reviews for the phone all day. A few websites have been saying that the phone is second only to the incredible. I thought this was the top notch android phone?. Also I read on washington post that the unlimited plan for the EVO is 80 dollars a month plus the mandatory 10 bringing the total to 90 a month plus tax. I thought it was just 69.99 plus the 10 dollars for 4G. Im still very excited for this phone ive had an iphone since the original one came out and Im ready to switch from ATT's terrible service and apples cult following. Im starting to get a little nervous about getting this phone the reviews are kind of worrying me. What do you guys think? Is the Incredible really a better phone?

Rizop

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I already pre-ordered my EVO 4G and Ive been reading reviews for the phone all day. A few websites have been saying that the phone is second only to the incredible. I thought this was the top notch android phone?. Also I read on washington post that the unlimited plan for the EVO is 80 dollars a month plus the mandatory 10 bringing the total to 90 a month plus tax. I thought it was just 69.99 plus the 10 dollars for 4G. Im still very excited for this phone ive had an iphone since the original one came out and Im ready to switch from ATT's terrible service and apples cult following. Im starting to get a little nervous about getting this phone the reviews are kind of worrying me. What do you guys think? Is the Incredible really a better phone?

I was wondering the exact same thing. The washington post mentioned that it was 2nd best, and the CNET review gave a lower score to the EVO than the incredible. I mentioned this to another poster who recently got to play with an evo for a good amount of time, and asked if this was a performance issue with the phone(lag, stutter when opening and scrolling through apps), and he said that the EVO was a little bit slower than the incredible...maybe due to all the stuff that they jammed into the device. I just hope that its not too much slower; ive messed around with the incredible and it really is super smooth and fast, but i love the large screen and added functionality of the EVO

doogie89

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm gonna agree with b-dizzle. I laugh every time I read a website that praises these verizon phones and when a better sprint phone comes out, they call it inferior. The Evo 4G is gonna be a brilliant phone. My brother has the incredible and it didn't blow me away any more than the hero did. Look at the specs on the evo vs. the incredible.....that should answer your question. And remember, both phones are made by HTC so at a minimum the Evo is no worse than the incredible.

Night Train

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Second only to the Incredible, eh?

Well...having owned the Incredible (and already having sent it back), I'd say that whoever wrote that was a Verizon stock-holder or owner. It is a fantastic phone, to be sure, but have you seen the specs on the Evo? If the bigger screen were the only distinguishing feature, that'd make it a better phone by itself. Throw in the 4G speed, HD video output, front camera and all the other goodies it has, there's no question that the 4G will be the best phone, with the Incredible coming in 2nd.

On the other hand, if you want a phone whose home screen rolls by itself, untouched, to the right, then the Incredible is the phone for you.

Last edited:

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Whoever said the total cost will be 90 bucks didn't pay attention. You take the 450 minute plan which is 69, then add the 10 for the Evo which brings it to 79.

As far as it being slower as the Incredible, I doubt that, after all, the guts of both phones is the same and they are running at the same resolution. Guess we will see for ourselves in 2 weeks! But all the people that reported back after playing with the Evo kept saying how impressed they were by its speed.

Why do they call the Incredible better? Not sure, but PC Mag justified the slightly lower score because 4G coverage isn't that great yet. Really? WTF? The Incredible can't even do 4G, how does the complete lack of a feature result in that phone getting a higher score?

In the end, all those reviews are mostly objective. If the Evo had an Apple symbol on its back, I am sure ole Wally Mosberg would be singing the praises and probably lick it too.

dwightshrute

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
it's super fast enough for me and just wait til froyo comes later in the year!! If it's not already blazing, it will be then...i'll have no problems with the speed of the device. Most reviews have been really positive and even though a couple have named it 2nd to the incredible, it havs a 4g radio, 720p video recording, and a front facing camera as well...all of which the incredible will NEVER get from a software update.

osakran

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Thats what I was thinking. I've see the specs side by side. Its just been bothering me that I keep seeing that comparison.

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
2nd to the Incredible?! the only thing I can think is the name itself. "Incredible" is some strong adj. "EVO" hardly take over with. Did those so-called critic checked youtube about that low response screen on the Incredible? Of course, we can judge one phone by its hardware, but you cant totally ignore it. I totally agree with doogie89, both are produced by HTC, I believe EVO4G is better, cuz that's HTC particularly designed for saving sprint market...

fry8

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
It could just be the review units. I played with the evo and it was pretty fast. They might have had 4g running in the background, which could have caused the phone to slow down, who knows.

osakran

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I got another question too. Ive only used a few android phones before but Ive always been very curious about them. Like I said I was an iphone guy. Is the touch screen as responsive as the iphone is. I used the blackberry storm one time and it was the worst touch screen ive ever used. IM hoping the evo is very similar to the iphones responsivness. In the youtube videos it looks very good.

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
For those review, I only trusted a few, like Engadget, phonedog.com, of course, androidcentral. Some reviewer might not even know what they are testing.

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I got another question too. Ive only used a few android phones before but Ive always been very curious about them. Like I said I was an iphone guy. Is the touch screen as responsive as the iphone is. I used the blackberry storm one time and it was the worst touch screen ive ever used. IM hoping the evo is very similar to the iphones responsivness. In the youtube videos it looks very good.

Based on all video i watched, I believe so. Not only the Sense UI, but the CPU and other hardware make everything looking good

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
For those review, I only trusted a few, like Engadget, phonedog.com, of course, androidcentral. Some reviewer might not even know what they are testing.

Yeah, in my opinion that fossil Mossberg reviews things in his own special way:

1. Apple product: It's great!

2. Anything else: It sucks!

Coz after all, him and Uncle Steve are BFFs!

thegov

May 6, 2010
Visit site
rating the evo second to the incredible is one of the dumbest things i've heard..like previous comment how can you detract from something that the other doesn't even have. even if you want to call lack of 4g coverage a downfall, you can turn the 4g radio off and make it a 3g handset. even then it still beats the incredible b/c of the features. the only downside i could possible foresee is that it will probably take longer to get froyo...i can wait.

neilept

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't care if it's a little bit better. I am a Sprint customer, love my cheaper rate plan, and plan on staying with Sprint. Though, I'm glad I have a bigger screen.

tntsniper#CB

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Its very simple:

They run basically the same specs hardware wise (minus wimax and larger screen).. How in the WORLD could the incredible be better? It makes absolutely NO sense what-so-ever.

You have to remember, these sites have agenda's and they'll push them. I've never understood giving a review unit to a site that's largest advertiser is a competitor.

Example:
Phonedog.com---I do enjoy some of the reviews, but this is one of the most BIAS sites on the planet. They actually SELL services on their website. I can honestly say, in the past year Noah from Phonedog has gotten better, but before it was pure insanity. The items he would push and review were nuts. You could have the most garbage phone on the market and in Noah's eyes, it demolished all Sprint counterparts. (They must not make the commission that Verizon and ATT give them)

I was an editor for mobile and tech sites for years, in-fact owned my own (bornmobile.com) and I can tell you one thing, companies LOVE to shove things down your throat. "Freebies if you promote this product" or "Hey, here's a free iphone with service for a year, you know what to do". I'm not kidding you. Its probably the most unknown corrupt aspects on the web.

I would honestly take what you get with a grain of salt. It makes no sense what-so-ever that the incredible would be better. I mean this is common sense. For a site to give it a lower score wouldn't be base on performance, but based on aesthetics. Which is possible, but for them to say it performed less is rubbish.

Last edited:

Darth Pooh#CB

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Unreal people.

It's clear that the Incredible is better than the Evo 4g.

Examine the evidence:

1) Evo 4G = 5 letters, while the DROID Incredible = 15 letters. 3x BETTER!

2) Sprint = 6 letters, Verizon = 7 letters... not entirely huge but enough to determine a clear winner.

3) Incredible has sold out in stores already... Evo?! They haven't even sold a unit yet. Clearly the Incredible must be the better option.

You fanboys need to stop whining over how much better your precious EVO is... any way you look at it, the Incredible is a vastly superior device.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams