Evo cam capable of Macro?

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I currently carry a BlackBerry Tour and I LOVE the camera - I can take some pretty amazing UP CLOSE pictures and need this ability on the Evo. I know it's 8mp, but I need to take macro shots with excellent detail like I can with my BlackBerry. Anyone know if I will have this ability via the standard settings or some sort of enhancement app? I use my camera so often, I'd SO hate to not get this phone just for this reason....

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
It does do digital auto-focus, but I don't know if that's good enough for your use for the close-up shots.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Ugh, this is kind of a deal breaker for me.

skullsdontfade, would you be able/willing to see where you read that?

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Jordus, I have a BlackBerry Tour that takes amazingly sharp and detailed close up shots..... I'm not expecting too much. Just expecting an 8mp cam to be as good as my 3.2.. The BB has an "up close" setting and the pics are shockingly clear and detailed. I'm just hoping for as much from the Evo.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Jordus, I have a BlackBerry Tour that takes amazingly sharp and detailed close up shots..... I'm not expecting too much. Just expecting an 8mp cam to be as good as my 3.2.. The BB has an "up close" setting and the pics are shockingly clear and detailed. I'm just hoping for as much from the Evo.

I have to agree here. I think the BB Tour camera is better than my Pre camera in terms of focusing on the subject better, and dealing with low-light conditions better.

No digital AF on the Pre meant a fixed distance would always have the best shots.

Since all these phone pictures invariably were for consumption on FB, and nothing else, it generally doesn't matter much to me. For "real" pictures, I would resort to the dslr instead. However, I can see how a compulsive shutterbug would want those options.

You do know that there's no optical focus, or optical zoom (for any phone camera) so any close-up shot is merely a digitally zoomed in, and digitally focused shot??

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
You do know that there's no optical focus, or optical zoom (for any phone camera) so any close-up shot is merely a digitally zoomed in, and digitally focused shot??

Not true - I owned either a Sanyo or a Samsung (forgot which) that had optical zoom. It was the shiznit back in 2007. Here's an example of one that has it as well: link.

Jordus

Banned
May 5, 2010
Visit site
I have to agree here. I think the BB Tour camera is better than my Pre camera in terms of focusing on the subject better, and dealing with low-light conditions better.

Im not sure thats saying much because in low light or up close the Pre camera is downright horrendous. :mad:

skullsdontfade

May 16, 2010
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781