Two New Videos from I/O

rhwd2003

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Here is one with a guy who looks like he has already setup the phone and is actually using it since all the apps he has downloaded and setup on his home screens. Look how fast this thing is!!!!!!!!!! PLus it shows the FM transmitter.

YouTube - HTC Evo 4G

Here is another actually showing off the 720p recording, this doesnt look as bad as some of the other ones even though its in low light.

YouTube - Testing HTC EVO 4G 720p

Sorry if either of these have been posted yet.

skullsdontfade

May 16, 2010
Visit site
from the videos i've seen, i'm a little disappointed in the camcorder. however, for a phone, it's really pretty solid and i'm sure it'll be serviceable

apexi350z

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I agree, the video quality doesn't seem to be on par with the real HD camcorder/cameras that records in 720p. Maybe it's the bitrate? seems too low. But better to have a video phone in a situation where you need to shoot some video, than no video at all :)

csierra72

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I agree, the video quality doesn't seem to be on par with the real HD camcorder/cameras that records in 720p. Maybe it's the bitrate? seems too low. But better to have a video phone in a situation where you need to shoot some video, than no video at all :)

That's the way i look at it. It's not like I plan to use it to record professional videos.

sracercelica

May 14, 2010
Visit site

Yes, I read somewhere that the bit rate is about 10 times less than a real 720p camcorder.

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
from the videos i've seen, i'm a little disappointed in the camcorder. however, for a phone, it's really pretty solid and i'm sure it'll be serviceable

disappointed in video recorder? are you serious. that was probably the best video recorder i have seen on ANY phone to date. was crystal clear when not in low light.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The video has to be as good as one of those FLIP camcorders, even their HD ones. If it is then that is gold to always have this with you.

I would not expect it to be as good as my stand alone HD camcorder in the first place. I also bet newer 3rd party software will come out that uses less compression and gives better results. It is at least possible I am sure.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams