1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Default Texting on the Evo....

New to the forum comming from a pre. When typing a text message, is it only in portrait mode or can you type in landscape also

Quote Originally Posted by dman26 View Post
    New to the forum comming from a pre. When typing a text message, is it only in portrait mode or can you type in landscape also
    You can type in landscape as well.

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts

You can type in both orientations.

Default June 4th baby!!!

im coming from a palm pre... getting the evo the second it comes out. my pre is way too slow. i heard that the evo will have the swipe texting like the samsung omnia 2 is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by mlbilv4ths View Post
    im coming from a palm pre... getting the evo the second it comes out. my pre is way too slow. i heard that the evo will have the swipe texting like the samsung omnia 2 is this true?
    That would be nice but doubtful. Might have to get it from the market. I can't do without Shapewriter on my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by mlbilv4ths View Post
    It will not ship with it...Swype is in closed Beta right now. It may be in the Market one day for purchase or they may limit it to exclusive devices. I'm think the Market.

Does it let you send more than 160 characters, or do you have to send multiple messages? (I understand the recipient would receive multiple texts)

Quote Originally Posted by ataneja View Post
    Does it let you send more than 160 characters, or do you have to send multiple messages? (I understand the recipient would receive multiple texts)
    You can go over.

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

What about portrait mode, are there any other options besides qwerty? I would like T9 so the reach isn't as far...my hands aren't that big!

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Default Re: Texting on the Evo....

I normally type in portrait mode with swype. Its easier.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk
    HTC Evo 4G ~Rooted~ Fresh

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

T Mac- I'd rather use t9.....is it an option??