Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ringtones on the EVo 4

i was wondering does anyone know if mp3 ringtones will be able to be loaded on the evo4. I dont think anyone mentioned it. I saw a add that said polyphonic ringtones

i know a supa dupa phone like EVO better NOT be limited to some dag on 1990's polyphonic stuff
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by MDbandit View Post
    i know a supa dupa phone like EVO better NOT be limited to some dag on 1990's polyphonic stuff
    yes that was my point. that would be pretty bad lol

Yes. Android supports mp3 ringtones.

IF it plays mp3s as a music browser, I guarantee it plays mp3 ringtones! Can one even find a dumbphone that doesn't do mp3 ringtones? I think that the "best smartphone on the market today" won't have an issue. Now FLAC or OGG ringtones may be another issue.

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts

I'm old fashioned, I like the ones that go "ring." There's nothing more annoying then when someone's weird ringtone goes off and they look around like it might not be their phone.

1. can Android/EVO do midi ringtones?

2. will Android/EVO include cool unique new mp3 ringtones?

You can make your own ringtones from the built in app on Android phones using your mp3's.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

how bout video ringtones?

Quote Originally Posted by justin_aga View Post
    how bout video ringtones?

Global Posts
    658 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by justin_aga View Post
    i was wondering does anyone know if mp3 ringtones will be able to be loaded on the evo4. I dont think anyone mentioned it. I saw a add that said polyphonic ringtones
    It's an Android phone. Not a feature (dumb) phone where every phone is different and unique. This phone has all the features that Android 2.1 (and HTC Sense) comes with.

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Anybody else but me use the 'Classic Phone' ringtone? You know the one that actually sounds like the ringing of two bells?

Its cool when young kids are like "Cool I never heard that before" I don't laugh too hard since I know some geriatric will look at me a laugh at me for not remembering the tickertape. lol

Global Posts
    658 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cesjr02 View Post
    I'm old fashioned, I like the ones that go "ring." There's nothing more annoying then when someone's weird ringtone goes off and they look around like it might not be their phone.
    Yep, I use the old fashioned ring tone as well. It goes, "brrrrrrrrrrring..." Rinse and repeat until picked up or goes to GV.

I will be new to Android, coming from Moto Q and Palm Pre. Does anyone know if you can assign an MP3 Ringtone for certain contacts and notifications like text messages, emails, etc?

Global Posts
    658 Global Posts

Yes.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,158 Global Posts
    ROM
    The 1 with the GEEBEES

There is an app that lets you customize your mp3's on the device and make custom ringtones
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

right I had ringdroid when I had the hero. I forgot

I use unique ringtones, though my phone is on vibrate more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRick10 View Post
    There is an app that lets you customize your mp3's on the device and make custom ringtones
    When you say customize, do you mean like how you can create a ring tone in iTunes by editing what section of the song that you would like to play as the ring tone?

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts

I love your signature. I had almost the same thing. The phone was announced like 2 days before my birthday and I, being incredibly superstitious when it helps me justify an electronics purchase, took that as a sign from the Gods of Technica

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Wink can the EVO send mp3 ringtones by bluetooth?

Hey guys, maybe this is a silly question... but does anyone know if the EVO can send mp3 files like ringtones via bluetooth to another phone? I'm sorry if i don't know about this but i had an instinct before and a pre now and i'm not sure how android works YET!... i'm #3 at best buy for my EVO regardless!!

Global Posts
    1,158 Global Posts
    ROM
    The 1 with the GEEBEES

Quote Originally Posted by HENDAWG View Post
    When you say customize, do you mean like how you can create a ring tone in iTunes by editing what section of the song that you would like to play as the ring tone?
    Yes

Global Posts
    1,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

I plan on using my McDonalds filet-o-fish commercial song as my ringtone. Give me back that fish!
    </awesome>

Quote Originally Posted by Yourdogsdead View Post
    I plan on using my McDonalds filet-o-fish commercial song as my ringtone. Give me back that fish!
    Do you happen to have that in mp3 format, willing to share?

Yes
    Thanks BR10.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast