Old market

pamela.lloyd

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,
I have the EVO 4G and still sporting the OLD market. I believe the version is 2.x. How can I get it updated to the latest one with the music store? I tried going into Settings > Applications > and clearing the market cache, then rebooted, but still nothing. Or is it because the EVO 4G is old so it won't be getting the update? Thanks for the help!

Pamela

psychofox13

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
You may have cleared the cache, but did you end it too? You also have to re-run it after ending and clearing the cache.

Restarting the phone won't initiate the market update.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Go to the Market's app details pageand clear the cache, data and uninstall all updates. Next go back into the market (agree to the terms) and browse for a minute or so. Back out of it and go back into it after a minute or so and see if a terms box pops up...if it does you should be good to go. If not and you still see the old market just give it a sec after you've back out to download all its updates. :)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Strange. I only have the ability to clear the cache for "Market", not clear data. And there is no option to uninstall updates... Mine says it's running version 2.3.4.

jc924

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Aside from the availability of movies and music from Google, is there any other reason to upgrade to the new Market?

bluebandit97

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Aside from the availability of movies and music from Google, is there any other reason to upgrade to the new Market?

if you dont use either of those services, then IMO i would would say no. I will say that the new market seems a little snappier then the previous version, but its mostly the same ol market with a new GUI.

momof2inmn

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Same here - can clear cache but data is greyed out and there is no uninstall updates. Version 2.3.4

Can anyone help? I don't think I got the update in August or the one in November. I tried the link above but it just gives me a blank page.

Thanks

momof2inmn

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
FYI - just got off the phone with Google support and they said that this is a known issue with some HTC phones and that I will be getting a follow-up email or phone call from the team that is working on the issue. He said he'd send me an email to contact him as well if I have any other questions.

Anyone who has this issue should contact Google support to let them know how many people have this issue. You can do a "Click to call" on the Market website and they call you back within seconds.

le_pig

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
FYI - just got off the phone with Google support and they said that this is a known issue with some HTC phones and that I will be getting a follow-up email or phone call from the team that is working on the issue. He said he'd send me an email to contact him as well if I have any other questions.

Anyone who has this issue should contact Google support to let them know how many people have this issue. You can do a "Click to call" on the Market website and they call you back within seconds.

Hope you got some resolution. I don't have the new market either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non