Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

Default 2 People on Sprintusers already got the EVO

At least 2 people over at S/U have the EVO

Here are pics and comments and questions by others about the EVO

The " I Just Got My HTC EVO " Thread. First Impressions - SprintUsers.com

I got the Evo in my hands, pictures and personal review coming soon. - SprintUsers.com
    Thanked by:
    ERDude 

Global Posts
    895 Global Posts

nice, thanks for pointing us to those threads...
    Thanked by:

the first person followed up with this reply

I was told that a bigger battery 2150mah will be out in June that uses the stock back cover
    is that even possible?!?
    H_D

Global Posts
    2,563 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jerzey McNasty View Post
    the first person followed up with this reply

is that even possible?!?
    I hope that is is!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Very nice to see some more hands on pictures with this device. The 4th just needs to go ahead and get here so I can drop my tour and move on. I also think you meant to say look at the comparison between the Touch Pro 2 and Evo, not the HD2 and Evo in those pictures.

Does anyone know if the battery is fully charged out of the box? If not how much charge is in it? How long does it take to fully charge it? Can I use it right away if I also put it in the charger or does it have to sit there teasing me for a few hours first? ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, drummer by desire and music lover by birth.
    A self proclaimed geek and gadget nut. ii <--Drum sticks

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    ROM
    Decks GB 1.3d

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Does anyone know if the battery is fully charged out of the box? If not how much charge is in it? How long does it take to fully charge it? Can I use it right away if I also put it in the charger or does it have to sit there teasing me for a few hours first? ii
    I remember hearing from someone who got one at I/O that it was about 50% charged upon boot.

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

Come on man....not to be a jerk, but seriously???

When have you ever had a phone be fully charged out of the box? You think they're staying up all night the night before to plug in a couple thousand Evo's at each store to top off their charge. Please. It'll be just like every other phone and have 1/2 or less charge on it. Enough to get up up and running and out of the store and then you can go home like everyone else and play with it while it's plugged in and charging... put your head back on and think logically about your questions.
    Banned

Global Posts
    272 Global Posts

This phone uses the new Super Trident Uride Phosphate Iridium Device where a single charge will last 7 straight days, and it only takes ~3 minutes to recharge. Which you can also do by shaking the device like those flashlights.

Global Posts
    1,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

You guys were kind of harsh on him weren't you. The only thing I am interested is in battery life right now. Want to see how it compares to the Pre.
    </awesome>

That was funny, I don't care who you are that was just funny..

In the great orator of John Wayne "Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid."

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yourdogsdead View Post
    You guys were kind of harsh on him weren't you. The only thing I am interested is in battery life right now. Want to see how it compares to the Pre.
    Sorry dude....we live in a world where stupid questions get stupid answers. Have you heard of Google...did you know you can search things???

Go re-read his questions and then ask yourself - Could I have read the couple hundred already-published reviews to learn this information? HERE's A LINK IF YOU NEED HELP WITH THIS PART

I'm baffled by the immense lack of self-sufficiency in our world....but seriously "will it be fully charged when I take it out of the box?" Nice question.

Wow! I fully admit that was kind of a newb question and a bit lame of me considering my long history with PDA's and phones and technology in general. However with that said;

A) Come on now seriously, you could not have just said about 50%. I wanted to know from someone who actually HAD the device and how much it was charged out of the box and since I do not have one yet I am unsure how much it drains in relation to being used while charging.

B) No I did not expect them to be charging batteries all night but sometimes batteries come charged from the factory. I have purchased camcorder batteries that were so it really was not THAT stupid huh?
    I also support laptops at work and some manufacturers pre-charge them. I was unsure what HTC did as this will be my first device from them. You cannot assume every manufacturer ships the exact same way, hence the question.

C) beecee I am very self sufficient, thanks. I just thought I would ask real fast while I was here. I did not think it that big a deal and used a smiley to convey humor in my own question. Responding like an *** just makes you look like one so there you go. Do you feel better now that you put me in my place and showed me how lame I am? Good, I would not want to see you waist all the effort in typing something constructive. I will make sure to point this out the next time you ask a question that could have been answered first by a Google search.

I can point out my long history on the net and how I help people all the time and I don't treat them like idiots even though sometimes they do ask newbie or lame questions. Sometimes people just get in a grove and post stuff. The point of forums is to help each other.

Keep responding like that and I will think I am in an Apple forum, sheesh!

Yourdogsdead thanks for the support man. I am used to jerks on the net, I have been around since the old Fidonet days and have seen it all.
    Last edited by Paladin; 05-23-2010 at 12:54 AM.

Global Posts
    658 Global Posts

Wow! I fully admit that was kind of a newb question and a bit lame of me considering my long history with PDA's and phones and technology in general. However with that said;

A) Come on now seriously, you could not have just said about 50%. I wanted to know from someone who actually HAD the device and how much it was charged out of the box and since I do not have one yet I am unsure how much it drains in relation to being used while charging.

B) No I did not expect them to be charging batteries all night but sometimes batteries come charged from the factory. I have purchased camcorder batteries that were so it really was not THAT stupid huh?
    I also support laptops at work and some manufacturers pre-charge them. I was unsure what HTC did as this will be my first device from them. You cannot assume every manufacturer ships the exact same way, hence the question.

C) beecee I am very self sufficient, thanks. I just thought I would ask real fast. Responding like an *** just makes you look like one so there you go. Do you feel better now that you put me in my place and showed me how lame I am? Good, I would not want to see you waist all the effort in typing something constructive.

I can point out my long history on the net and how I help people all the time and I don't treat them like idiots even though sometimes they do ask newbie or lame questions. Sometimes people just get in a grove and post stuff..

Keep responding like that and I will almost think I am in an Apple forum, sheesh!
    Perhaps a little harsh, but you really could have googled that question and probably saved yourself time on the response.

Wasn't the worst question that I've seen though.

Wow. Flog the people with questions...

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts

Is the phone black or green?
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

People on S/U are saying the battery is better then the PRE at least that is a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    Is the phone black or green?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by npark View Post
    Perhaps a little harsh, but you really could have googled that question and probably saved yourself time on the response.

Wasn't the worst question that I've seen though.
    You are right. I was on my way out of the house and just posted it real fast. I didn't think that much of it at the time.
    Still no reason to be a jerk about it. If I wanted to be treated like that I would talk to my Ex wife! ii

When on the forums you have three options. Post and be a jerk, post something constructive or don't post. I usually choose the later two.

Have you seen the number of repeat questions on the forums lately though?
    I am not the only one that doesn't Google! ii
    Last edited by Paladin; 05-23-2010 at 10:59 AM.