Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    309 Global Posts

Default Sprint opening early ?

Can anyone confirm if sprint is opening at 8am of June 4th for the EVO launch ? I went to my local sprint store today and they weren't sure. They said their schedule had not been posted yet...

Just a rumor I heard trying to get some conformation on.... I believe they did open @ 8am last year for the pre launch
    Want to video chat on Fring ? Read the How-To guide here :
    How-To Video Chat on Fring !

If you need someone to help you test Fring out find yourself a Fring buddie here !
    Fring Buddies
    Original Member

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

There has been no official word from Sprint. My guess is they will open at their normal scheduled time.

I called my sprint store and they said that it would be open at 8 in the morning on the 4th of June.

They did open early for the Pre, 8am, but for whatever reason they were very secretive about it and didn't announce it until a few days before launch.

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

yes. They are. I won't post the email I have from my Sprint store rep that takes care of me to preserve their, but Premier customers are welcome at 8am on the 4th. (Basically, anyone is....I bet they just email Premier customers a few days early to make them feel special)
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    309 Global Posts

cool, can anyone confirm if it's all stores or only certain ones ?

I emailed dan@sprint.com to see if it's just certain stores...

If you need someone to help you test Fring out find yourself a Fring buddie here !
    Fring Buddies

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

Sprint will probably notify Premier customers in the next week, that is what they did about the PRE. They also had a soft opening/sale for select Premier customers.

Global Posts
    381 Global Posts

The sprint store by my house opened at 8 am for the Pre, and it was for all customers, not just Premier customers.

I think it may be personally up to the store. Thats what the guys at my store make it seem like.

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

I know the Radio Shack in Bayside, NY is opening at 6am on June 4th!

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

This is per store as somehave hours dictated by a mall.

my local Sprint retail store sales staff is awful. mostly lazy unprofessional staff who act like you are bothering them when you have a question or want to try to buy something.

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

Technically they are not supposed to say if they have extended hours as premier customers that preregister online will be informed of that fact via email. They don't want to feel like they a lying to you though so they will just seem vague and stupid when you ask.

My Radioshack says they'll be open at 8... but I think thats the usual opening time for Radioshack.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    309 Global Posts

I was in a store yesterday, and they said they weren't sure if they were opening @ 8am but thought they would cause they did for the pre.

I also emailed dan@sprint.com and a rep called me and stated she called a few stores for me (nice huh ?) and that they still weren't sure. So I still don't have any SOLID conformation, it would be nice though seeing as the sprint stores open @ 10am and I gotta be at work @ 9am.... but for the evo I could always have a " Doctors Appointment" hehe

Fring Buddies

i called 2 sprint stores and the told me theyre gonna open at 8. Are they required to or does this mean those locations are high in demand for the phone??

My sprint store told me that their schedule hasn't been posted so they don't know, I will call Thursday before the release to double check

isn't it amazing how nobody at Sprint retail knows nothing?
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Global Posts
    309 Global Posts

Well, you would think they would know their schedules 10 days in advance...

More than likely, like someone here stated, premier customers will get an email a few days before inviting them in @ 8am

Fring Buddies

if sprint decides to open at 8, what time do you guys think people will start to line up at?

I checked the two local store near me and they said 8, but what time should one expect to be able to get one?

Quote Originally Posted by bucc0303 View Post
    I called my sprint store and they said that it would be open at 8 in the morning on the 4th of June.
    Same here.

hey guys, just went to my local sprint store to chat with the reps and get on their good side before launch, and the said that they will be opening a hour early that day.
    He also told me that during their training, they were told froyo will be coming to evo a few weeks after release!

Quote Originally Posted by Gcorvette987 View Post
    hey guys, just went to my local sprint store to chat with the reps and get on their good side before launch, and the said that they will be opening a hour early that day.
    He also told me that during their training, they were told froyo will be coming to evo a few weeks after release!
    While I am hopeful that FroYo is coming to the Evo (officially) sooner than Eclair did for the Hero/Moment, I wouldn't put a ton of stock into the notion.

THAT BEING SAID, I've heard the same by Sprint Evo advocates. Which leads me to believe it is DEF being said in those training sessions... whether the timetable holds up is TBD.

Froyo has to actually come out first before they can provide an update to it. Keep in mind that Froyo is not actually publically available. All the Froyo stuff with the Nexus One is hacked ROMs from a beta.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast