hotspot feature for running on 3G

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I've heard a lot of people say that the Premium data plan for the EVO removes the 5GB cap but I have never seen anything official on this. Does anyone have a link on Sprint confirming this?

Also remember, when you're not in 4G areas you will not be able to talk and use data at the same time.

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I am an android noob!!! What is pdanet and how could it save me the $30 hotspot charge??

PDAnet is an app that allows you to do free tethering, with USB cable only and not wifi. There are two versions of this app... the free version doesn't allow you to access secure sites and the paid version (one time fee of $18.95) will allow you to. The nice thing about this app is you don't need to root your phone to use it. Here is a link to androidcentral on tethering:
http://www.androidcentral.com/android-internet-tether

skullsdontfade

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I've heard a lot of people say that the Premium data plan for the EVO removes the 5GB cap but I have never seen anything official on this. Does anyone have a link on Sprint confirming this?

Also remember, when you're not in 4G areas you will not be able to talk and use data at the same time.

i'm curious about this too. i heard that 4G is unlimited, but i haven't heard anything about 3G...

anyone get confirmation?

skullsdontfade

May 16, 2010
Visit site
it links to a phonescoop article that says the 3G is uncapped but follows it with 'Some of Sprint's 3G-only network services still retain a 5GB limit."

what does that mean?

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I seen that too... I think it means if you are in a 3G only area you might still have a cap. Although this doesn't make sense... how can they keep track of that, especially when many people move around between different areas. I would think it would have be an all or nothing on 3G.

BUT... this information is still only second hand from PhoneScoop and we still don't know for sure how accurate it is.

anon(22913)

May 16, 2010
Visit site
When you are on an "Everything Data" plan there is no cap for anything.

The $10 has nothing to do with "removing the 5GB data cap", the $10 is just because it's a 4G phone.

Whether 3G on the hotspot is unlimited or not has nothing to do with the $10.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power