Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Battery life: Mosspuppet vs. Engadget

    So Mosspuppet (no, not the puppet, but The Puppet) weighed in on what he saw in battery life (it sucks), but Engadget saw the exact opposite (3 1/2 of continuously streaming HD over 4G). So, who's right and who's wrong?
  2. #2  

    Default

    That remains to be seen...


    Brian
  3. #3  

    Default

    You should clarify Mosspuppet in the correct namespace: com.appplefanboys.MossJobsoPuppet . When has he never not absolulely luved an Apple device? Ummm....never to my recollection. Many reviews mention the limitations of 4G, but I think this is to be expected given the infancy.
  4. #4  
    kkacatin's Avatar

    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

    Default

    Engadget's recent podcast elaborates on the battery life of the Evo.

    If you have a strong and constant 4G singal, 3.5 hours can be achieved.

    However, if you're in an area that switches from 1X to 3G to 4G and back, you're battery life will be less because the constant switching of radios will reduce battery life.

    That has to be taken into account.
  5. #5  
    jxc
    jxc is offline
    jxc's Avatar

    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

    Default

    since mossOLDMANburg is in apples back pocket, nothing he says can be trusted, IMO
  6. #6  

    Default

    Big Moss probably really pounded the HD video streaming non-stop which IMO is the #1 battery killer. also - turn off WIFI and GPS when not in use. normal daily usage pattern will be different.

    also, the battery needs some time and a few cycles to "condition".
  7. #7  

    Default

    My question is about battery life on 3g - since most cities don't have 4g.
  8. #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    Big Moss probably really pounded the HD video streaming non-stop which IMO is the #1 battery killer. also - turn off WIFI and GPS when not in use. normal daily usage pattern will be different.

    also, the battery needs some time and a few cycles to "condition".
    No they don't. These aren't Ni-Cd batteries or something.
  9. #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Law View Post
    No they don't. These aren't Ni-Cd batteries or something.
    or something?

    you are confusing battery "memory" with "conditioning". yes these are lithium batteries that do not have a memory but their performance increases after a few charge/deplete cycles aka "conditioning".
  10. #10  

    Default

    I never expect to get more than 2 hours use on modern smart phones these days.
    Even laptops never seem to get as long as they say, for me at least. Maybe I use them more than the average person, unsure.

    I already ordered a 1750mAh battery and may order another one if need be. Unless you are always near a charger that is usually the best option.
    Systems Analyst by trade, drummer by desire and music lover by birth.
    A self proclaimed geek and gadget nut. ii <--Drum sticks
  11. #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    I never expect to get more than 2 hours use on modern smart phones these days.
    Even laptops never seem to get as long as they say, for me at least. Maybe I use them more than the average person, unsure.

    I already ordered a 1750mAh battery and may order another one if need be. Unless you are always near a charger that is usually the best option.
    Where did you find a 1750mah battery for the EVO? I have heard that the Hero battery will work but was wondering if it's the Sprint Hero or the unlocked GSM Hero battery or both that will work with the EVO.
  12. #12  

    Default

    r u seriously taking that guys word? he is obviously steve jobs lover and nothing he says should matter for android users

Posting Permissions