Screen shot without root?

TehPatty

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I know several phones with Gingerbread allow you to do it without an app. Is this possible on the EVO 4G. Specifically on a EVO that hasn't been rooted.

I know how to do it on my Rezound ;)

ip_freely

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Those all of those phones are running 3rd party overlays, in which are essentialy apps and framework edits by Samsung,motor, and HTC. As for pure gingerbread m, no. You need a app, most of the time with root permissions.

Sent from my Google Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

PS it'll be in all ics builds.

Last edited:

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I know several phones with Gingerbread allow you to do it without an app. Is this possible on the EVO 4G. Specifically on a EVO that hasn't been rooted.

I know how to do it on my Rezound ;)

I believe with gingerbread 2.3.7 you can do a screen shot by simply holding down the power button
as if your shutting down your phone.When the shutdown menu pops up select screen shot.

I noticed I had gained this option when I upgraded my cyanogenmod 7 from 7.0.3
(Gingerbread 2.3.4) to version 7.1 (Gingerbread 2.3.7).

IMO GB 2.3.7 runs alot more smoother.

As for non rooted? there is an app you can buy on the market for about 5 dollars.

Last edited:

TehPatty

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
As for non rooted? there is an app you can buy on the market for about 5 dollars.

Thank you for the info. I have a friend that was wanting to take screenshots without root. The $5 app is pretty inconvenient for him. I was wondering if the Home/Back or Home/Power combos would work on the EVO 4G as it does on some other phones. Shame it doesn't.

ip_freely

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the info. I have a friend that was wanting to take screenshots without root. The $5 app is pretty inconvenient for him. I was wondering if the Home/Back or Home/Power combos would work on the EVO 4G as it does on some other phones. Shame it doesn't.

There is always the sdk method. Which is root free.

Careful with that $5 app its not always successful on all phones.

Sent from my Miui Google Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Some newer phones allow you to use one of the Market apps to take screen shots without root access. This has been covered before by AC:

The Evo isn't one of the devices that can take advantage of a third-party app to do this without root. There is an app on the market that allows you to take screen shots but requires you to pull the images with the SDK installed. Might as well skip that app and just use the SDK - http://www.androidcentral.com/taking-screenshots-without-root

Here is the source for using an app on a non-rooted phone with at least 2.3.3 installed: http://www.androidcentral.com/android-233-allow-screenshots-without-rooting

ip_freely

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Some newer phones allow you to use one of the Market apps to take screen shots without root access. This has been covered before by AC:

The Evo isn't one of the devices that can take advantage of a third-party app to do this without root. There is an app on the market that allows you to take screen shots but requires you to pull the images with the SDK installed. Might as well skip that app and just use the SDK - http://www.androidcentral.com/taking-screenshots-without-root

Here is the source for using an app on a non-rooted phone with at least 2.3.3 installed: http://www.androidcentral.com/android-233-allow-screenshots-without-rooting

Swag

Sent from my Google Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Robert Williams4

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I bought the full version of Benzul ASC for my Galaxy S3 for the purpose of recording video call meetings on Tango and when I play back the video there is only a black screen recorded and no sound. Anyone have a remedy for this?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital