1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC EVO 4G battery suddenly shuts off out of no ware.

About a month ago I was using my EVO with about 80% on it and out of no ware it just shut down. When I turned it back on it had 1% of battery left. I don't know why this happened with a good amount of battery left. It does this at least twice a day. And I barely use it when it does this. When it turns off it doesn't even say "shutting down" like it usually does. It just completely shuts off without notice. Is it a battery problem or what? HELP!!!!! This is really frustrating.

THANKS!

ROM
    Rooted Stock .246

Default Re: HTC EVO 4G battery suddenly shuts off out of no ware.

It does sound like a battery problem. If you're not rooted, go to a sprint store and ask them about it. Could just be a bad battery and they'll give you a new one. Usually free of charge, but be prepared to pay if you have to.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    ROM
    Decks ICS/ Tiamat 4.1

This could be a faulty battery or a hardware problem. Without knowing if you're rooted, ROM, OS Version, there's not to much more we can help you with other than say take it to Sprint.

Hi, I was having a similar problem with my evo4g shutting down several times a day. I am running cyanogen mod 7.2 with an extended battery. My solution was to cut several pieces of clear tape and layer them at the top inside the battery compartment to fill a small gap between the battery and and inner case. I noticed that there was too much space between the contacts and the battery. Its been Three days now with no shutting down, no re-starts, and no grief. Maybe this can help someone who has a similar problem. Happy New Year to all.

ROM
    Decks Reloaded,RebelROM

Quote Originally Posted by G KA View Post
    Hi, I was having a similar problem with my evo4g shutting down several times a day. I am running cyanogen mod 7.2 with an extended battery. My solution was to cut several pieces of clear tape and layer them at the top inside the battery compartment to fill a small gap between the battery and and inner case. I noticed that there was too much space between the contacts and the battery. Its been Three days now with no shutting down, no re-starts, and no grief. Maybe this can help someone who has a similar problem. Happy New Year to all.
    Is that an OEM battery or an aftermarket one?
    TOSHIBA Thrive • Pio's Team Baked BlackBean 4.1.2 ROM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 1 (i717) • CM11 4.4.2 kitkat (jamied)
    Samsung GalaxyTab 3 (7 in) • Deleterious ROM
    HTC EVO 4G • Deck's Reloaded ROM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (i317) unlocked • Ditto Note 3.1.1 (4.3) ROM
    B&N Nook Color (Gifted to relative)
    Samsung Galaxy Prevail • Half A$$ed ROM
    EVO Shift• JellyBelly ROM
    Samsung Galaxy S3 • DanKang 4.3.1 ROM

If that's a battery fitting problem, try this aftermarket battery from Amazon. Two pack with a charger. $20 only. I have used them for more than two month. Fits tightly. Last long.
    Amazon.com: TimeTec 2*1600mAh High Capacity Li-ion Batteries For Sprint HTC EVO Shift 4G, EVO 4G, Verizon HTC Droid Incredible, HTC Hero, HTC Touch Pro 2, HTC Tilt 2, HTC Dash 3G, HTC Snap Travel External Battery+Free Bonus TimeTec Multi-purpose USB

Hope it help!