If you are coming from a Pre or Crackberry this phone(Evo) is HUGE!

Sincere_2010

May 2, 2010
Visit site
So I just came from my local BestBuy to check on my pre-order and I am #2 in line. I figured I would ask if they had an EVO on hand...and they had a dummy phone available......all I can say is WOW.

This phone is rock solid! This has to be one of the best built phones on the market. The kick stand is firm and does not seem like it will loosen over time. The one negative I see in terms of Hardware is the camera lens--it protrudes out from the phone and can possible get scratched.

In terms of size--this thing is BIG. The screen is MASSIVE! I currently have a Palm Pre and a Blackberry Tour and it is waaaay bigger than those phones. I do not think the size will be a problem, but it will definitely take some getting use to for those of us coming from smaller phones. People who say the EVO will slide in your pocket no problem are wearing sweat pants or really baggy jeans.....I am a holster on the belt kinda guy but I don't think this will be a pocket friendly phone--especially for those youngsters who wear skinny jeans! And if you are considering one of those hard case covers then forget about it!

Last edited:

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I see you're from Texas, that explained a bit when you said something about youngsters wearing skinny jeans, lol, around here, all the kids were the super baggy (reach for your knee to get the wallet out), showing your underwear type of jeans. But once you go to the country cities of Florida, tight Wranglers are still tops, and I am guessing that's how it is in parts of Houston to. I have stopped putting my phone into my pants, I usually wear a belt and a nice case, it's much safer for a phone.

I have yet to see an Evo in real life, but I have seen a HD2 dummy, so I am pretty sure the two will feel much the same. Can't wait to see what the real deal feels like...only 12 more days!

ls3mach

Banned
May 9, 2010
Visit site
If I can figure out how to carry a full size handgun, I can figure out how to carry an Evo :)

I am with you. The people complaining about size should go back to carrying their Pre and what hardware they have. 45ACP is the only way I roll. I wish more Americans carried on the regular. Sickening that they don't mind giving up their rights...

FatMikeNJ

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I went from a Motorola Q to a Palm Pre.... I thought the Pre's screen was a huge jump.... Now going from a Pre to the Evo 4G..... I think I might have that excitement all over again!

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm from Houston, Tx, the 4th largest city in the US and here the women wear skinny jeans and not wranglers either. The guys....well, to be honest, I couldn't tell you. I don't pay any attention to them. The guys at the office wear business clothes.

My Pre even feels tight in the jeans occasionally and so does my Zune. I don't expect to have any problems with the Evo. I'll flip it on it's side like the Zune if I need to.

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Originally posted by flyonthewall
People who say the EVO will slide in your pocket no problem are wearing sweat pants or really baggy jeans.....I am a holster on the belt kinda guy but I don't think this will be a pocket friendly phone--especially for those youngsters who wear skinny jeans!

I have to disagree with you... I just did the same thing as you did and went to BB today to checked out the EVO display model that they had. The first thing I did is put it in my pocket to see how it felt... and to my surprise it felt really good, even better than my Sprint Mogul. Since the EVO is much thinner than my Mogul it slid in and out of my pocket better and didn't feel as bulky... I was wearing gene shorts and they were not baggy at all either. But then again this is just how it felt for me and everybody is different.

Tyler Durden

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I am with you. The people complaining about size should go back to carrying their Pre and what hardware they have. 45ACP is the only way I roll. I wish more Americans carried on the regular. Sickening that they don't mind giving up their rights...

I would carry my Glock 21 if NJ would let me......................:cool:

ecaggiani

Feb 18, 2010
www.zazzle.com
It fits way better in my jeans pocket than my Hero does. It's way thinner than the Hero so it sits more comfortably and doesn't bulge out. I don't think I'll be getting asked "Is that an Evo in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?" ;-)

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
It looks thinner than my Pre, just larger. I am sure I will have no issue fitting it in my pocket. I usually put my phone in an easier to reach one though, like the outer pockets or a jacket pocket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance