I've never been excited about a phone.....until now

DocPeanut

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Honestly I never understood friends who would get stoked for a phone. To me a phone was a phone, just make a call and be done.

When I got my blackberry I immediately thought, O.K, a phone with internet and email is certainly nifty. A few weeks ago I bumped up to the curve 8530 and took it back 2 days later thanks to a horrible battery. That day is when I discovered the rumored HTC EVO 4G. I couldn't explain it then, and sure can't now, but the excitement overwhelmed me.

I asked several people at the sprint store and phone sales if they had any info, all said no. When I found out the details, it was all I could think about. I feel like I've been born again lol

Owleyes

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I know the feeling. I've been carrying my mogul around for longer than I care to admit lol. This is the first phone to have me excited in a long time.

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I know the feeling. I've been carrying my mogul around for longer than I care to admit lol. This is the first phone to have me excited in a long time.

LOL... so I'm not the only one still carrying the Mogul around!! I was going to upgrade to the TP2 when it came out but I refused the pay $449 up front for it and for some reason it was never offered for sale in any other retailers so I didn't have to deal with the MIR. I'm so glad I waited now cause I wouldn't be able to get the EVO now if I had gotten the TP2!!

evilgenyus

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Im excited to. I dont even remember how I stumbled across this phone. But i just found out about it last week. I have been looking for a reason to switch to sprint as i get a 25% discount through them because of my job and my blackberry bold 9700 just isnt doing it for me. Also the sprint unlimited plan fits the bill the for me. So I sold that on ebay the other day and I preordered this on Friday. I was the first one at my radioshack.

timlot

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm coming from a Mogul too. Having to give up my $30 sero plan was hard. But this phone seems to have everything I ever wanted in a carry everywhere device, plus I'm in a 4g city. :)

Owleyes

May 22, 2010
Visit site
LOL... so I'm not the only one still carrying the Mogul around!! I was going to upgrade to the TP2 when it came out but I refused the pay $449 up front for it and for some reason it was never offered for sale in any other retailers so I didn't have to deal with the MIR. I'm so glad I waited now cause I wouldn't be able to get the EVO now if I had gotten the TP2!!

Yea i was also looking at the TP2 =) One of my employees got it on T-Mobile, and the urge was strong to snatch it on sprint.

the only thing is losing my employee plan to get the Evo kinda sucks, but I'll get over it for this beast lol. :cool:

Chris5#WN

May 16, 2010
Visit site
WoW DA.net and now Android what a combo, add me to the list for jumping ship from my Palm Pre but unless otherwise noted I'm keeping my Accord lol ... (guidocoupev6 checking in) -

This darn phone has been overtaking my honda forums time lol ...

mrssexcee1

May 14, 2010
Visit site
You are not the only one I was getting so tired of my blackberry tour and how boring blackberries are to me now. I think I ran across a forum that peeked my interest and thats where I saw the EVO .I read and did my research and I was extremely happy :). I left the crackberry.com site to join androidcentral to keep up with the latest on the Evo and I can't wait. I preordered at radioshack on the very first day and I am excited. I have never been this excited over the mannnnnnnny phones I have had in the past not even when I first got that blue sprint phone that had a walkie talkie on it and LED notifications lmao 0_o!!!

Last edited:

legacy

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I hear you. I was impressed enough with the iPhone the first time I tried it out to get one, but I wasn't EXCITED about it. I just thought it was cool, and could do some cool things.

I'm really excited about this phone. Has a lot of features I've always wanted from a phone.

DarkSideJunkie

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Same here. I'm currently on AT&T and while I think the iPhone is neat I have never been impressed enough or excited enough as I am about the Evo to actually get one. Also, super excited about getting off the iPhone saturated AT&T....YEAH!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey