Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts

Default st. louis sprint stores opening @8a.m. june 4th. with some 4g coverage in place!!

so i was in my sprint store in st. louis to activate an old phone today (killed my pre for good when i dropped it on its face and broke the screen) and the tech said the stores will open at 8a.m. on june 4th. he also said that there are some 4g towers up and running in st. louis so there will be limited 4g availability on launch day. he didn't know where and said they couldn't get a signal at their store but said there are some towers up and they are currently getting more up and running. i hope i can get coverage!!!

So wait, its just for that day, or are they permanent?

I am in CT and there has been no mention of 4G at all. Looking forward to it going up in Boston so when I go up that way I can test it out. I am gonna give my BB a call here and find out about them opening early.
    ***LOVIN' MY EVO!***

Global Posts
    416 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The RS here in NY I'm getting my EVO from is opening at 8am also but didn't hear anything about 4g but when we do get it there will be no competition

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Great news for St. Louis. We'll have to watch our for the coverage, because it sounds like the battery drains fast when searching for 4g.

Maybe we can start a thread to sort out the tower locations.

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts

There was a post on Engadget about something similar at Radioshack stores. It showed a WiMax repeater. Perhaps the STL store is installing fake 4G like they had at the NY Disney Event where they showcased the EVO and previewed the new Prince of Persia live action movie. This would be a good idea in markets that should have 4G by the end of the year to show pre-order and regular customers what they can come to expect.

I have ordered an EVO from ebay that will be here within the next 4 hours. I am in Las Vegas, a 4G market, so I will do some speed testing of a real 4G market since I haven't seen any reviews on it yet. So far every reviewer has been out of 4G.

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Man, I hope Best Buy opens early. 10am MST is too late.

Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts

STL is on the plate to officially get WiMAX this year. It's highly likely a good chunk of the metro already has it rolled out. KC is also to be announced for 'this summer' but people with an EVO and Overdrive are saying it's already available in many areas of the metro.

I was at my local sprint store(Glen Carbon, IL) outside stl. I asked them when stl would see 4g. The guy told me sprint said july is when it should be here. And that it covers all the stl market. I took what the guy said. With a grain of salt but hope he is right.

The rumor is that announced cities will have 4g "hotspots" at corporate Sprint stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Roustermiller View Post
    The RS here in NY I'm getting my EVO from is opening at 8am also but didn't hear anything about 4g but when we do get it there will be no competition
    My guess is we'll get 4G around the summer

Global Posts
    888 Global Posts

Cleveland and Cincy both getting it and skipping Columbus!!!!!