Multitouch Tested on Sprint EVO 4G

tntsniper#CB

May 17, 2010
Visit site
http://www.androidcentral.com/video-multitouch-sprint-evo-4g

Okay so the good folks here tested it, but my question is.. Is it just as good as the incredible? I watched both videos and I can honestly say they look pretty darn close, but from what Phil Nickinson said, it seems like maybe its not?

I'd honestly love to have a side by side comparison or something? I think a lot of people are on the loops (not me, but I'm sure some are) on either getting the Verizon Incredible or the Evo 4G.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Don't have the Incredible here at the moment (or I wouldn't tested it), but, yeah, I thin they're pretty darn close.

Broheemster

May 5, 2010
Visit site
(the evo).....Can't see many places where this would be an issue either. General navigation throughout the phone and web browsing don't need crazy movements. Gaming would be the only area I could think of, but it was still pretty accurate.

tntsniper#CB

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Don't have the Incredible here at the moment (or I wouldn't tested it), but, yeah, I thin they're pretty darn close.

Good stuff, I appreciate the quick feedback. I know I'm a bit concerned after playing with a Nexus 1 and seeing how bad it truly was. Also, coming from a HTC Hero, I'm hoping for a huge improvement multitouch wise :)

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
that's a big concern IF you plan on playing games.
The Pre touchscreen seems responsive and doesn't have problems in use but fire up a game that requires timed responses and forget about it. It'll be unplayable.
I'm not a serious gamer but when the mood strikes it should be able to.

as a side note. Games that use a virtual joystick, like assasin's creed, seem to be OK on the Pre.

TheOnlyMorgan

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The EVO and Incredible both use the same Maxtouch? technology that HTC I think came up with. So it wouldn't be a surprise if they're fairly similar in multi-touch performance.

itch808

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
The EVO and Incredible both use the same Maxtouch? technology that HTC I think came up with. So it wouldn't be a surprise if they're fairly similar in multi-touch performance.

I've seen this article that has been posted on the internet where everyone refers too. But I've yet to see real proof with disassembled phones showing manufacturers/part numbers.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey phil, can you do another video with a glove on, and do 4 fingers on that (if the app recognizes 4 fingers). The would be easy proof that the Maxtouch screen is on there.

fry8

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Hey phil, can you do another video with a glove on, and do 4 fingers on that (if the app recognizes 4 fingers). The would be easy proof that the Maxtouch screen is on there.

I don't believe the incredible and the evo have the maxtouch screen. I have used the evo and I have asked a friend who has nails to use the keyboard with her nails and it did not work. I did read the article that one would have the ability with the maxtouch screen to use a nail/stylus. Of