advice - broken evo /replacement phone

brad4560

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
hoping to get advice from people who may have had a similar experience?

I have had my evo4g since january of 2011, been running great up until thanksgiving. Now upfront i will state i did not buy insurance or get the total equipment plan when i bought the phone. I take great care of my devices, and i am technically inclined, i have a case, haven't dropped it once, etc.

so the phone started randomly rebooting, and the charge was taking a long time off the a/c port, and then started not showing up in windows as a drive, and my sd card was not showing up at all. so the monday after thanksgiving the random reboots got worse, down to every 10-20 minutes, and finally every 5 minutes, and the phone stopped receiving a charge from the port.

So i bring it in to my local tech sprint center and the rep checked it out. as soon as she opened the phone the charging port on the bottom fell right out, as well as a piece from the sd part of the phone fell out too. she also said a red strip inside the phone meant i got water damage. (which i have racked my brain out not once have i spilled anything on the phone) She explained since i did not have insurance there was nothing they could do to give me a replacement phone, and that i can buy a new phone at the unactivated price, or find a used one.

Now i understand the policies involved sprint has for these kind of problems, yes i didn't have insurance, i get it, now at this present time i do not have the resources to buy a phone to replace my evo, so i have my account active, paying a bill for a phone i cant use, which is aggravating. is there anything else i can do, call someone at sprint to possibly just get a replacement phone? i dont care what phone i get, i need a phone on my account.

sorry this is long just wanted all the facts in here so people can guide me for my next steps.

thanks..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995