Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help!!

I seem to make my phone worse every time I try something. First was that I would have to re-install the ROM every time it I turn on the phone. Someone told me it was cause I put something on the SD card that shouldn't be there, and so I wiped the SD card. That was a huge mistake cause now I have nothing. It goes through the HTC screen and then turns black with "ANDROID" moving around. That's it. Any ideas?

Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    ROM
    Decks ICS/ Tiamat 4.1

Do you have a Nandroid backup on your computer on can transfer to your SD card? If so, put it on the card and boot into recovery. From there, install zip from SD card and that should work. Let me know if this helps.

Sent from my Vizio Tablet using Tapatalk!
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Help!!

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately I do not have a back up on my computer. When I did hook it up to the computer, the computer recognized it as fdrive but won't let me put anything on it.

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

Quote Originally Posted by iClowNz View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately I do not have a back up on my computer. When I did hook it up to the computer, the computer recognized it as fdrive but won't let me put anything on it.
    o boot into recovery plug your phone to your pc (turn off the phone then hit vol down then power button hold them untill you reach white screen. let it seat for 5 sec then press vol down then hit power.... do not hold them together.) after your in recovery go to mounts and storage then hit mount usb storage (last option) now ur pc should read your phone drag new rom then unplug... flash the rom and thats it
    I'm the ROOT man
    G Talk: Upstreammiami3o5
    Let me help you ROOT your phone
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Alright, thank you. that sounds like that'll work.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Ok, that did work. I restarted it to test it out and I still have the problem of having to reflash the ROM. Would I just re-root it?

ROM
    Team Venom v1.2

Download a fresh rom and place it to the root of your SD card. Give us the rom your using and the kernel and we'll go from there. If your PC doesn't see your phone, grab your card reader.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I'm using the Team Nocturnal SHOOTER rom... As for kernal, where would I find that? Build is RA Supersonic

ROM
    Team Venom v1.2

Grab a rom I'm more comfortable with like cm7 or deck 1.3 the Google search evo titimat kernel. I'm using 4.0. Just to see where the problems start.

ROM
    Team Venom v1.2

Sorry. Go to phone info then software. You will find what kernel you're running.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

This is what it says:

Kernal Version
    2.6.35 10-g6f311b3-dirty
    Agrabren@Poonsense PoonSense
    2.3.3-1

Also,i don't have the pcimg36 zips in it, so whenever go to recovery, it says they're not found.

ROM
    Team Venom v1.2

Here's the link to decks rom: [ROM]GB 2.3.4 gingerbread-evo-deck [1.0][2.3.3 Stable][1.2c][2.3.4 Beta]
    Download the "stable" one and the gapps. Get the evo titamat kernel from Google search. Place all the downloads on the root of the SD card. That means drag to the card WITHOUT placing them to any folder. Go into recovery . Do a full wipe . Flash the rom, gapps, kernel. Now reboot.
    Thanked by:
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Thank you, that did it.

ROM
    Team Venom v1.2

Quote Originally Posted by iClowNz View Post
    Thank you, that did it.
    Glad we can help.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

One more question, I've used 2 file managers(Astro n ES) n neither are finding the sd card. Anyone know why?