So Radio Shack may have a midnight opening on 06/04???

Shenaniguns

May 17, 2010
www.thegunvault.org
Just called my local Radio Shack to see if they were going to open early that day and they informed me that they 'may' have a midnight opening but were not sure yet :D After confirmation they did say they were going to call me by the 3rd and LMK so I will update this thread as more info comes in.

Owleyes

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I would take this with a grain of salt. I doubt there will be any shacks opening at midnight. My DM is talking maybe 6am, but even that is still up in the air.

Last edited:

Owleyes

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Yea, I understand but I am a Shack manager, and this was never communicated to me. I am going to be opening early for this, but not that early lol.

Of course this is just me, and not a company wide initiative. Your milage may vary depending on where you live.

error4o4

May 17, 2010
Visit site
We are doing 8am... and that is pushing it.

Remember people will still come if you open at 6am, 8am or 9am.

Sure you make a few crazy people happy (self included) but you also have increased overhead costs, payroll, and then a lot of down time since regular customers have no idea about it.

Owleyes

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Yea, we wont really know anything until monday about early openings. Once I hear something I will post for my local RadioShacks.

kcpowercat

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Not that it will make any difference but to your Radio Shack employees/managers, I pre-ordered through my local R.S. but fully plan to go to the Sprint store to get my phone because they are opening earlier (and I can walk to them from my condo/office). If that R.S. I pre-ordered at opened at 12-6am...I'd probably go buy it through them.

Again, not that you are making decisions based on moving a couple extra phones but that's what I'm doing.

Owleyes

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Well, me personally when I do my confirmation calls, if I have enough intrest I will open whenever my customers want me to lol. Be it 4, 5 or 6 am. There will also be coffee and donuts provided by myself. (I work right next to a dunkin donuts lol)

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Well the RS I ordered mine through is in a bad neighborhood, right next to a Subway where you order your sandwich through a bullet proof window, so I don't think they'll be opening early. I'm not even sure how many people would have gone there to order the Evo.

Okkoto86

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Not that it will make any difference but to your Radio Shack employees/managers, I pre-ordered through my local R.S. but fully plan to go to the Sprint store to get my phone because they are opening earlier (and I can walk to them from my condo/office). If that R.S. I pre-ordered at opened at 12-6am...I'd probably go buy it through them.

Again, not that you are making decisions based on moving a couple extra phones but that's what I'm doing.

Really? Your actually gonna pay $100 more and deal with a mail in rebate just to have your phone a couple hours earlier? Seems a little odd to me but to each his own i guess.

And I would love it if we did a midnight opening to sell the phone, but we dont have those kind of hours. RS barely gives us enough payroll hours to run the store now, we dont have near enough to pull off a midnight event.

Last edited:

kcpowercat

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Really? Your actually gonna pay $100 more and deal with a mail in rebate just to have your phone a couple hours earlier? Seems a little odd to me but to each his own i guess.

And I would love it if we did a midnight opening to sell the phone, but we dont have those kind of hours. RS barely gives us enough payroll hours to run the store now, we dont have near enough to pull off a midnight event.

Totally understand that I'm not a typical situation. My Sprint store is not taking pre-orders but is opening at 8am and I can walk from my condo there, then right to work. Dealing with the MIR isn't great but to me it's more torelarble than walking to work, walk back to the condo, pick up a car, drive down to my RS, then reverse that process.

Now if the RS I pre-ordered at says they will open at midnight or 6am, I'd be able to get there prior to work via car...again, I know my situation isn't typical...I totally understand not having a midnight opening for a phone.

tndave

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Well, me personally when I do my confirmation calls, if I have enough intrest I will open whenever my customers want me to lol. Be it 4, 5 or 6 am. There will also be coffee and donuts provided by myself. (I work right next to a dunkin donuts lol)

Mate, I wish I'd pre-ordered my Evo at YOUR Radio Shack! I called the one I ordered through the other day to see what time they were opening on the release day, and they said 10am. Laaaaaaaame!

Owleyes

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Wow 10am must be nice lol. Even normal hours I am open at 9. I guess some shacks have all the luck =)

I just want this day to go as smoothly as possible for everyone, because I have a huge demand for this phone in my area. If opening up that early will make the process at least some what painless than so be it.

olimar814

May 26, 2010
Visit site

HEI where is your store, i'll be there at 4:00am get some donats cofee and play whit the phone til start to work at 8:00

Owleyes

May 22, 2010
Visit site
My store is in southern NJ. It's going to be a long day, but I am real excited for it. I like these kind of things, because you really get to geek out with some cool people over a shared interest.

It's going to be a good time for sure.

Jerzey McNasty

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
My store is in southern NJ. It's going to be a long day, but I am real excited for it. I like these kind of things, because you really get to geek out with some cool people over a shared interest.

It's going to be a good time for sure.

My feelings exactly :cool: i always end up learning stuff in the line while waiting for the device