Help ME!!! Revert from Hboot-6.17.001

NiqueyCute

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I hope some one can help me with this. I rooted my phone and then i have to take it in to sprint so I unrooted it. For some reason I ended up with an Hboot-6.17.001 and I don't know how to being it back to the normal one. I have been googling like crazy I dont know how my phone still working. I also wanted to go to the Nandroid and see if I could restore it that way but I cannot get to the option for that. When ever i go to restore I get the icon with the red triangle and exclamation.

Please I need help!:(:(:(:(

Let me know what information you need to help me.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Red triangle means you don't have a custom recovery on your phone. Reflash your recovery via hboot. Once you update your hboot, you can't go back. That's the reason it took so long to get root for gingerbread is it had a new bootloader to be cracked.

DumpedDuce Approves This Message Via HTC Evo 4g

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Your welcome. Fair enough, glad to hear you got the problem worked out. :)

Sent from the greatest HTC EVO 4G ever made!!!

neyox

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I know that this was a long time ago. But would you be able to tell me what you did? Because I'm stuck in the same place and can't find anything online.

skorpyun812

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
NiqueyCute, I ended up having to use the last resort method by using the 4.54 file but it worked. Automatically updated and reboot bootloader showing hboot 2.16.0001 s-ON. I screwed something up something little and couldn't get Rom Manager to work. Kept saying something like "software not recognized"

I had it rooted using revolutionary and just couldn't get any ROMs to download. While I was able to unroot (S-ON) with minimal effort, I couldn't reroot using unrevoked. I suspect it was due to hboot 6.17 because even though my android version is reporting as 2.3.3, it still kept asking if my firmware was too new. Gonna try using the unrevoked method again now that my hboot is reporting 2.16.

skorpyun812

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
NiqueyCute, I ended up having to use the last resort method by using the 4.54 file but it worked. Automatically updated and reboot bootloader showing hboot 2.16.0001 s-ON. I screwed something up something little and couldn't get Rom Manager to work. Kept saying something like "software not recognized"

I had it rooted using revolutionary and just couldn't get any ROMs to download. While I was able to unroot (S-ON) with minimal effort, I couldn't reroot using unrevoked. I suspect it was due to hboot 6.17 because even though my android version is reporting as 2.3.3, it still kept asking if my firmware was too new. Gonna try using the unrevoked method again now that my hboot is reporting 2.16.

Follow Up:

Even after reverting to a stock Android ver. 2.3.3 and hboot 2.16, unrevoked still won't work. Take SD card out. Nope. Put SD card back in. Nope. No HTC sync on Evo 4g, as they suggest. Nope. Factory reset to eliminate any conflicting apps. Nope. Install HTC sync on PC (W7) for the drivers and then uninstall htc sync itself (some report this works) but for me....NOPE! At wits end. Revolutionary root did not cooperate with ROM Manager and it's obvious that the "Painless" method has taken me about an hour and a half to figure out, it's actually a pain in the arse. Stuck unrooted w/ the following:

Android - 2.3.3
Baseband - 2.15.00.0808
Kernel - 2.6.35.10-g13578ee htc-kernel@and18-2 #1 Wed Jul 20 18:06:16 CST 2011
Build - 4.54651.1 CL134969 release-keys
Software - 4.54.651.1
Browser - Webkit/533.1
PRI - 2.33_003
PRL - 60690

So....yeah....hope that helps someone make an example of my error. :D:):(:'(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads