Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Default Re: My HTC Evo 4G is stuck on a reboot infinite loop

hi there...i'm very new here. i've had my phone, the HTC EVO V for Virgin Mobile, for 6 days. day one...heaven. day two...meh, not bad. day 3-today...hell on earth. last night my phone turned off and on so many times, my husband almost threw it out the living room window. i am a complete android rookie, and not terribly tech savvy in general. please tell me what i can do to fix this phone, if anything. i love it so, and do NOT want to be forced back to the iOS.

p.s., like i said, i'm a total rookie. any explanation will have to be in very simple terms

p.p.s, i tried the volume down/power button thing. doesn't work on my phone. is there another hard reset option?

thanks everyone

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by AlexMcQueen View Post
    hi there...i'm very new here. i've had my phone, the HTC EVO V for Virgin Mobile, for 6 days. day one...heaven. day two...meh, not bad. day 3-today...hell on earth. last night my phone turned off and on so many times, my husband almost threw it out the living room window. i am a complete android rookie, and not terribly tech savvy in general. please tell me what i can do to fix this phone, if anything. i love it so, and do NOT want to be forced back to the iOS.

p.s., like i said, i'm a total rookie. any explanation will have to be in very simple terms

p.p.s, i tried the volume down/power button thing. doesn't work on my phone. is there another hard reset option?

thanks everyone
    You shut off your phone fully when you boot into the recovery. Then you hold down Volume Down and then Power and keep holding it down until you see a screen which is referred to as the HBOOT Screen. From there, you'll see at the top ***LOCKED OOW***, followed by some information about your phone and then a menu that you can move through using the volume buttons. At the bottom of the screen, you should see 3 Android figures, and if I remember correctly, they are on skateboards. From there, select the RECOVERY option after it finishes the search for the .zip file for the system. Disregard that for now. Oh my, I'm getting ahead of myself. What exactly is wrong with your device? And the EVO V?
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
    Thanked by:

thank you so much for the advice. i tried the volume down/power button...nothing happened. i did shut the phone off, then as i was turning it back on, i held down the volume down button for what seemed like forever, and it went into safe mode. i also uninstalled an app that i think was sketch. i've been out of safe mode for 24 hrs, and no issues at all. i have the evo v for virgin mobile. absolutely awesome phone, now that it's working correctly haha. i was an iphone user for a very long time. no way i'll ever go back. love love love this phone. and what an informative forum!! you guys and gals are all so savvy!

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by AlexMcQueen View Post
    thank you so much for the advice. i tried the volume down/power button...nothing happened. i did shut the phone off, then as i was turning it back on, i held down the volume down button for what seemed like forever, and it went into safe mode. i also uninstalled an app that i think was sketch. i've been out of safe mode for 24 hrs, and no issues at all. i have the evo v for virgin mobile. absolutely awesome phone, now that it's working correctly haha. i was an iphone user for a very long time. no way i'll ever go back. love love love this phone. and what an informative forum!! you guys and gals are all so savvy!
    That's our job here. To help people who run into new problems.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Android Central Forums

okay so i did the hboot recover i too got stuck on te green sync page and then i tried to "volume up + power" and it says
    E: cant open /cache/recovery/command
    ahhhh, what do i dooooo?

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by jtillman92 View Post
    okay so i did the hboot recover i too got stuck on te green sync page and then i tried to "volume up + power" and it says
    E: cant open /cache/recovery/command
    ahhhh, what do i dooooo?
    You should still be able to open the recovery...and from there, do what you need to do.

hello i have the old htc evo 4g for sprint everything was working semi-alright then my phone died and when i turn it back on it keeps looping the 4g screen and the start up sound. I get to the hboot start up screen by holding the power and volume down button then go down to recovery and let it run its course where it has the green circular arrows above the phone then turns to a red triangle with an exclamation mark. According to the other comment the one lady said just take out the battery and put it back in and start it up normally nd it still didnt work sooooo now what?

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by ijustneedhelp View Post
    hello i have the old htc evo 4g for sprint everything was working semi-alright then my phone died and when i turn it back on it keeps looping the 4g screen and the start up sound. I get to the hboot start up screen by holding the power and volume down button then go down to recovery and let it run its course where it has the green circular arrows above the phone then turns to a red triangle with an exclamation mark. According to the other comment the one lady said just take out the battery and put it back in and start it up normally nd it still didnt work sooooo now what?
    At the Red Triangle, hold down Volume Up + Power in that order and from the stock recovery, using the volume buttons to navigate, just select "Clear Cache" and this should fix your problem. NOTE: Will factory reset phone (pretty much), you have been WARNED!

so this will clear my memory on my phone?

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by ijustneedhelp View Post
    so this will clear my memory on my phone?
    Does not wipe SD card data. I can't remember what exactly it did, because I did this to my Vivid a long time ago and it fixed it but it pretty much Factory Reset it.

Quote Originally Posted by OperationA7X View Post
    At the Red Triangle, hold down Volume Up + Power in that order and from the stock recovery, using the volume buttons to navigate, just select "Clear Cache" and this should fix your problem. NOTE: Will factory reset phone (pretty much), you have been WARNED!
    Bootloop issue: Went through all the steps, in the end i get " E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command
    What to do???? Please help

Quote Originally Posted by OperationA7X View Post
    You should still be able to open the recovery...and from there, do what you need to do.
    after i got "E: can't open cache/recovery/etc..." i pulled the battery b/c i couldnt do any thing else. so i waited about one hour and did it again... it worked! now to customizing again.
    Last edited by jermy88; 11-05-2012 at 11:45 AM.

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by jermy88 View Post
    after i got "E: can't open cache/recovery/etc..." i pulled the battery b/c i couldnt do any thing else. so i waited about one hour and did it again... it worked! now to customizing again.
    That's great, glad things worked out for you. :-)

Hi, pm me if you still need your phone restored, i do it at my store.

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Hello, private message me if you still need your phone restored, I provide everything for free, just like the software. Long live AOSP!!!

A7x operation I don't get you when you said you could do when it says /clear/recovery/cache PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

I have an evo4g but I don't get what you mean please help me

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

I'm confused on what you are asking, what seems to be wrong? You sound like you're describing the recovery...

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

Unhappy Re: My HTC Evo 4G is stuck on a reboot infinite loop

I done did all that and then I get a
    E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command
    Whats next?

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by Sofia Lerma View Post
    I done did all that and then I get a
    E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command
    Whats next?
    Pull out the battery. Try it again. I sometimes got that message when my Vivid had the stock recovery, but somehow, it still open...so, best thing to do is try again.

Amazing. I was ready to throw this darn thing out the window. You have saved the day.

Hi, I'm new to this and I have the same problem of infinite reboot loop when I enter the Recovery mode not I get the menu with green letters, just restarts again and the loop continues. I've done all the steps above and still not solved my problem. Help please. Thanks

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by rinopl View Post
    Hi, I'm new to this and I have the same problem of infinite reboot loop when I enter the Recovery mode not I get the menu with green letters, just restarts again and the loop continues. I've done all the steps above and still not solved my problem. Help please. Thanks
    What did you wipe?

I don't know what you mean (What did you wipe?) I don't speak english. i use google translator

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by RinoPL View Post
    I don't know what you mean (What did you wipe?) I don't speak english. i use google translator
    What did you do in recovery? Did you click on something?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast