Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
Like Tree7Likes

Default Re: My HTC Evo 4G is stuck on a reboot infinite loop

Wow great advice so far on fixing this issue. If you’re interested in some additional suggestions you can check out .

Thugdrummer was right on the money with his suggestion.

Basically in a nutshell you want to…
    • Try a battery pull with the phone on
    • Try a Recovery
    • Try a Hard reset

If that doesn’t work you might have to look into filing a warranty claim.

This can be a tough issue to solve and doesn’t just happen on HTC phones either. Good luck guys, and if you fixed this issue another way don’t forget to list it on the forum.

~ Moneypenny ~

I am also getting the " E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command" with Green circle... Volume UP+Power is not doing anything... HELP please!!

PS. The only app downloaded on it in the last 3 months was done 24 hrs prior and its QuickOffice PRO... Nothing more
    Safe mode reboot is not occuring
    Last edited by Gonejumping; 06-26-2013 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OperationA7X View Post
    Which options have you tried?

Sent from my HTC Vivid Borked using Android Central Forums
    ALL of them except "Clear all user data?" But would rather avoid deleting all my contacts and saved texts... Any other option available? I appreciate the help!

HTC 4G EVO

My HTC Evo is also stuck in the loop, I have tried the recovery several times and it still doesn't. My phone is a Sprint phone but I had it flashed to Page Plus Wireless. When I press the down volume button and power it says:
    Locked (00W)
    Supersonic EVT3 Ship S-On
    HBOOT-2.18.0001
    Microp-041f
    Touch Panel-ATMEL224_16ab
    Radio-2.15.00.01.15
    Dec 21 2011, 12:50:32

After I do the recovery it says:
    E:Can't open/cache/recovery/command
    E: Can't mount/data/data/recovery/log
    E:Can't open/data/data/recovery/log

Exclamation Re: My HTC Evo 4G is stuck on a reboot infinite loop

Do you know if there is any method similar to the one you posted for an HTC One X? The battery cannot be taken out, and I have important information that cannot be recovered if I reset the device.

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by Gonejumping View Post
    ALL of them except "Clear all user data?" But would rather avoid deleting all my contacts and saved texts... Any other option available? I appreciate the help!

HTC 4G EVO
    I don't know what else to do, did you back them up as a .db file by chance? As for the contacts, if you have them synced with Google, you'll get them back at logging in your account.

Quote Originally Posted by ShunieceM View Post
    My HTC Evo is also stuck in the loop, I have tried the recovery several times and it still doesn't. My phone is a Sprint phone but I had it flashed to Page Plus Wireless. When I press the down volume button and power it says:
    Locked (00W)
    Supersonic EVT3 Ship S-On
    HBOOT-2.18.0001
    Microp-041f
    Touch Panel-ATMEL224_16ab
    Radio-2.15.00.01.15
    Dec 21 2011, 12:50:32

After I do the recovery it says:
    E:Can't open/cache/recovery/command
    E: Can't mount/data/data/recovery/log
    E:Can't open/data/data/recovery/log
    My advice would be to flash the RUU compatible with the phone and then take it back in to get it reflashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Wolf View Post
    Do you know if there is any method similar to the one you posted for an HTC One X? The battery cannot be taken out, and I have important information that cannot be recovered if I reset the device.
    Who exactly are you asking?

Sent from my HTC Vivid BoRKed using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.

i having the same problem with the continual loop. i have done all that is mentioned in the previous posts, but after i Volume up and Power after the recovery....what next? the screen i get next looks like this;

Android system recovery <3e>

Use volume key to highlight;
    click power key to select,

Reboot system now (which i have done and it does nothing...still having same problem)
    Apply update from sdcard
    Wipe data/factory reset
    Wipe cache partition

E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command
    E:Can't mount /data/data/recovery/log
    E:Can't open /data/data/recovery/log

now what? please help

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by juliettedean View Post
    i having the same problem with the continual loop. i have done all that is mentioned in the previous posts, but after i Volume up and Power after the recovery....what next? the screen i get next looks like this;

Android system recovery <3e>

Use volume key to highlight;
    click power key to select,

Reboot system now (which i have done and it does nothing...still having same problem)
    Apply update from sdcard
    Wipe data/factory reset
    Wipe cache partition

E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command
    E:Can't mount /data/data/recovery/log
    E:Can't open /data/data/recovery/log

now what? please help
    Try wiping the cache partition, if still nothing, there is also Safe Mode you can try (Volume Down after the HTC Evo 4G screen).

I have a similar problem except mine does is when I insert the SD card but I take it out it stops and boots up fine I bought it off eBay and it is rooted with a cyanogen mod could this be why if any one knows please email me at I need to know asap

I have a similar problem except its only when I insert my SD card it is rooted with cyanogen mod I bought off eBay it won't even let me download anything please help

You are a life saver! I did NOT want to factory reset my phone!

Hey I Borrow My Bf Fone And I Dont Wanna Lose any of his stuff on his fone and its hacked so itried the recovery but it takes me to another menu and it says backup and restore and earse sd ec. i was wondering if i press reboot system now would it earse everything? and wud it mess up his hack? oh and its flashed to metro pcs! please help me! Oh And It Goes all the way to the home screen it just freezes so it can repeat its loop and wen i actualy unlock the fone it says andriod.setup. has been stopped or stoped please try again and thats wen it starts all over and it doesnt go al the way bak to the white screen it just does the logo of metro pcs do i just leave it off for a while or what?

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by forever2412 View Post
    Hey I Borrow My Bf Fone And I Dont Wanna Lose any of his stuff on his fone and its hacked so itried the recovery but it takes me to another menu and it says backup and restore and earse sd ec. i was wondering if i press reboot system now would it earse everything? and wud it mess up his hack?
    Reboot system now would just turn the phone back on.

oh and its flashed to metro pcs! please help me! Oh And It Goes all the way to the home screen it just freezes so it can repeat its loop and wen i actualy unlock the fone it says andriod.setup. has been stopped or stoped please try again and thats wen it starts all over and it doesnt go al the way bak to the white screen it just does the logo of metro pcs do i just leave it off for a while or what?
    How did any of this start?

wel i rebooted it and that didnt work and it started wen i turned on the wifi hotspot and it turned off on its own and turned back on now its stuck on the animation of the logo it wont stop i left it off over night charging i just want a way to keep my hack thats it but i dont know how to fix it ...it justbstarted happening yestrday i really need to keep the hack and have it working i dont have money to get it hacked again or to turn it into sprint if i factory reset it wud i still have the hack?
    Last edited by forever2412; 08-10-2013 at 09:42 AM.

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by forever2412 View Post
    wel i rebooted it and that didnt work and it started wen i turned on the wifi hotspot and it turned off on its own and turned back on now its stuck on the animation of the logo it wont stop i left it off over night charging i just want a way to keep my hack thats it but i dont know how to fix it ...it justbstarted happening yestrday i really need to keep the hack and have it working i dont have money to get it hacked again or to turn it into sprint if i factory reset it wud i still have the hack?
    In the Wipe Menu, look for "Wipe /cache" and select that. Then wipe "Wipe /dalvik-cache" and then restart the phone.

Dude I followed the steps as you mentioned but after recovering it, my mobile not even charging and turning On. Please help me to switch on my mobile. Thanks

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by Kirubakaran View Post
    Dude I followed the steps as you mentioned but after recovering it, my mobile not even charging and turning On. Please help me to switch on my mobile. Thanks
    What did you do of my steps?

please help anyone my htc evo 4g is stuck on boot loop i bought off ebay like that thought i could fix it any help? i don't know what to do my device was rooted with CyanogenMod and it just kept resting it self so i made it new with some file i found online and now it is unrooted but it keeps doing the same thing and the worst part that worrys me is that it does not say anything at the top like locked unlocked nothing here is a pic any help will be appreciated ----> Attachment 81439

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by netobros View Post
    please help anyone my htc evo 4g is stuck on boot loop i bought off ebay like that thought i could fix it any help? i don't know what to do my device was rooted with CyanogenMod and it just kept resting it self so i made it new with some file i found online and now it is unrooted but it keeps doing the same thing and the worst part that worrys me is that it does not say anything at the top like locked unlocked nothing here is a pic any help will be appreciated ----> Attachment 81439
    Did you remember to flash the Boot.img file?

Hey i got an lg optimus g and im having problems with my video if you can msg me i can tell u nore about it thanks

Posted via Android Central App

I'm having similar problems with my HTC Evo 4g I tried a hard reset and tried clearing the cache and wiping the memory from it and it still keeps restarting! It will get to the lock screen and as soon as I try to unlock it it turns off and then back on again. I don't know what else to do because I can't bring it back to sprint anytime soon and I need my phone to work!! HELP!!!

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by jazj2712 View Post
    I'm having similar problems with my HTC Evo 4g I tried a hard reset and tried clearing the cache and wiping the memory from it and it still keeps restarting! It will get to the lock screen and as soon as I try to unlock it it turns off and then back on again. I don't know what else to do because I can't bring it back to sprint anytime soon and I need my phone to work!! HELP!!!
    When did this start?

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

There is another way possibly to fix the infinite boot loop. Im not trolling this seriously worked with me. I took my battery out, didnt work. Couldnt get to the reset option because the phone would just shut off before i could. I said "**** it" dropped the phone about knee high off the ground and litterally BOOM it started to work correctly again. Try that if all else fails, if u break ur screen then hey u get a new phone if its in the warranty.

So I bought and htc evo 4g and it worked fine. but after 3 months later their was an update that showed on the phone and i update it. But later then it started to shut down when i would watch a video be on facebook or play a game. And now it just wont boot.. It turns on but it only stays on the logo..

I dont know if my cellphone is rooted.

Supersonic EVT2-3 SHIP S-ON
    HBOOT-2.18.0001
    MICROP-041F
    TOUCH PANEL-ATMELC03_16ac
    RADIO-2.15.00.12.19
    DEC 21 2011,12:50:32

MODEL PC36100
    MEID A10000138DBD7D
    IMS 310007076554873
    ANDROID VERSION 2.3.5
    BASEBAN VERSION 2.15.00.12.19
    SOFTWARE NUMBER 5.07.651.1 710rd
    SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Did you root it? Is an app called "SuperUser" on the phone?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using AC Forums mobile app
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456