Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
Like Tree9Likes

Default Re: My HTC Evo 4G is stuck on a reboot infinite loop

Quote Originally Posted by thugdrummer View Post
    !!! WAIT!!! DON'T RESET YET!!!
    I occasionally have the same problem. It typically occurs on my phone after the battery has run out completely. I plug it in to charge and after a couple minutes power it on, and it goes into the same infinite boot loop.
    I panicked the first time, because I didn't have everything backed up. I managed to stumble onto this solution, and it's worked for me every time (3 times so far).

Here's how I do it:

1) First, stop the looping by pulling the battery, and then reinserting it, WITHOUT powering it back on.
    2) Make sure the phone has enough charge to run without being plugged in and then UNPLUG the phone. I've done this after charging for maybe 20 minutes.
    3) Boot into the hboot menu (hold VOLUME DOWN then momentarily press POWER)
    4) Use the volume buttons to highlight RECOVERY and hit the power button.

The phone vibrates, displays the white screen with HTC Evo 4g, then displays a black screen with a large green sync icon over a hard disk. (There's an image here: http://geekfor.me/wp-content/uploads.../radio_4.1.png)

After about a minute, the icon switches to a red error symbol (triangle with exclamation point) over a cellphone. (There's an image here: http://htcevohacks.com/wp-content/up...ery-mode-4.jpg)

5) At this point, pull the battery, reinsert it, and power it on normally (WITHOUT holding the volume button). The phone boots normally, and all the apps and data are there, just as they were before the loop started.
    Another thank you thank you!
    My Evo was stuck in the infinite power reboot loop and would not power up. Went to a Sprint store and all they offered was to factory reset it for $75. Told me I'd lose everything except what was on the card which wasn't much, had most stuff saved to the phone. Found this web-site and your post and tried your suggested fix. Worked perfectly the first time, my EVO fired back up from the infinite loop and worked just fine with all my stuff still intact.

You'd think Sprint would let their store employees know of this simple fix that might work for customers to try and save all their data instead of just the $75 factory reboot. If the employee was aware of this possible fix and tried this 2 minute fix for me I would have been a lifetime customer of that store for life. Thanks for your post and to everyone on the forum giving valuable advice!

My HTC Velocity 4g is also stuck in continuous reboot, and freezes at either the HTC sign on start-up or the Telstra sign on start-up (usually this Telstra sign). I have pictures and important stuff on it that I badly want to keep. I have tried what has been suggested on this forum, however it is still frozen and the only way to un-freeze it is to remove the battery and put it back in. It has been like this since the start of the year but I haven't done anything because the only suggestions I could previously find were ones where you lost everything. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by thugdrummer View Post
    !!! WAIT!!! DON'T RESET YET!!!

I occasionally have the same problem. It typically occurs on my phone after the battery has run out completely. I plug it in to charge and after a couple minutes power it on, and it goes into the same infinite boot loop.

I panicked the first time, because I didn't have everything backed up. I managed to stumble onto this solution, and it's worked for me every time (3 times so far).

Here's how I do it:

1) First, stop the looping by pulling the battery, and then reinserting it, WITHOUT powering it back on.
    2) Make sure the phone has enough charge to run without being plugged in and then UNPLUG the phone. I've done this after charging for maybe 20 minutes.
    3) Boot into the hboot menu (hold VOLUME DOWN then momentarily press POWER)
    4) Use the volume buttons to highlight RECOVERY and hit the power button.

The phone vibrates, displays the white screen with HTC Evo 4g, then displays a black screen with a large green sync icon over a hard disk. (There's an image here: http://geekfor.me/wp-content/uploads.../radio_4.1.png)

After about a minute, the icon switches to a red error symbol (triangle with exclamation point) over a cellphone. (There's an image here: http://htcevohacks.com/wp-content/up...ery-mode-4.jpg)

5) At this point, pull the battery, reinsert it, and power it on normally (WITHOUT holding the volume button). The phone boots normally, and all the apps and data are there, just as they were before the loop started.
    Thanked by:
    Rhonda Wilson1 likes this.

Do you have to keep the sd card inside when your doing all of this?

I followed the steps, but my phone does not display the black screen with a large green sync icon over a hard disk or the red error symbol over a cellphone.

thank you soooooo much. my friend and i were worrying about how to fix the infinite boot loop when i came upon your artical, wow that worked like a champ. i cant thank you enough

I want to get my HTC evo unlocked so I can let my husband use it. But it keeps looping the start screen. I tried holding the start button and down on the volume but it has no factory reset. Just the following:
    Fastboot
    recovery
    clear storage
    simlock
    Hboot USB

No factory reboot. What can I do? Also can someone tell me how to unlock it?

Thank you so much for ANY help.

It didn't work on mine. :-(
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567