My HTC Evo 4G is stuck on a reboot infinite loop

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm confused on what you are asking, what seems to be wrong? You sound like you're describing the recovery...

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I done did all that and then I get a
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command
Whats next? :(

Pull out the battery. Try it again. I sometimes got that message when my Vivid had the stock recovery, but somehow, it still open...so, best thing to do is try again.

RinoPL

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm new to this and I have the same problem of infinite reboot loop when I enter the Recovery mode not I get the menu with green letters, just restarts again and the loop continues. I've done all the steps above and still not solved my problem. Help please. Thanks

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm new to this and I have the same problem of infinite reboot loop when I enter the Recovery mode not I get the menu with green letters, just restarts again and the loop continues. I've done all the steps above and still not solved my problem. Help please. Thanks

What did you wipe?

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Hmm... On HBOOT menu, can your give me the information? The words and numbers on the top of screen in HBOOT.

Elfiend1

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I was having some issues with my multimedia messages not downloading so I took my phone to the Sprint Store where they recommended to reset it through the settings, which they went ahead and did at the store. However after trying to turn on my phone this morning (I turn it off at night) I am stuck in the infinite boot loop. I go back in and of course they say I need a new phone. I have tried the the Recovery and end up at the red exclamation triangle, I hold down then up and nothing happens from there. The Fastboot doesn't really give me an option to do anything I think. It has 4 options: Bootloader, Reboot, Reboot Downloader and Power Down. I have all I need on my Sd card since I did that reset yesterday at the Sprint store so I can reset the hell out of the phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated, the specs at the top are the same as a previous poster

Locked oow
Supersonic EVT3 Ship S-On
Hboot-2.18.0001
Microp-041f
Touch panel ATMEL224_16ab
Radio-2.15.00.12.19
Dec 21 2011, 12:50:32

I have not tried the file transfer/boot yet but I think that may be my next step? Thanks a bunch

Elfiend1

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
So I had misread the info go to the red triangle hit up then power got E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command but then I got the option to wipe data/factory reset. I got a bunch of of E: can't open other stuff... in the process but it finished the wipe and it now works! Yay

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
So I had misread the info go to the red triangle hit up then power got E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command but then I got the option to wipe data/factory reset. I got a bunch of of E: can't open other stuff... in the process but it finished the wipe and it now works! Yay

Congrats. :cool:

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I was having some issues with my multimedia messages not downloading so I took my phone to the Sprint Store where they recommended to reset it through the settings, which they went ahead and did at the store. However after trying to turn on my phone this morning (I turn it off at night) I am stuck in the infinite boot loop. I go back in and of course they say I need a new phone. I have tried the the Recovery and end up at the red exclamation triangle, I hold down then up and nothing happens from there. The Fastboot doesn't really give me an option to do anything I think. It has 4 options: Bootloader, Reboot, Reboot Downloader and Power Down. I have all I need on my Sd card since I did that reset yesterday at the Sprint store so I can reset the hell out of the phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated, the specs at the top are the same as a previous poster

Locked oow
Supersonic EVT3 Ship S-On
Hboot-2.18.0001
Microp-041f
Touch panel ATMEL224_16ab
Radio-2.15.00.12.19
Dec 21 2011, 12:50:32

I have not tried the file transfer/boot yet but I think that may be my next step? Thanks a bunch
You should have clear storage option, use it

Elfiend1

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
You should have clear storage option, use it

I saw there was a clear storage option on the first menu but I did not check it out since I thought it would have to do more with the sd card. I am probably wrong since it probably would say sd something or other if it did. For future reference if this happens again or something would the clear storage be a better solution than the clear data/factory reset?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000