My HTC Evo 4G is stuck on a reboot infinite loop

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
please help anyone my htc evo 4g is stuck on boot loop i bought off ebay like that thought i could fix it any help? i don't know what to do my device was rooted with CyanogenMod and it just kept resting it self so i made it new with some file i found online and now it is unrooted but it keeps doing the same thing and the worst part that worrys me is that it does not say anything at the top like locked unlocked nothing here is a pic any help will be appreciated ----> View attachment 81439

Did you remember to flash the Boot.img file?

Sent from my HTC Vivid BoRKed using Android Central Forums

jazj2712

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm having similar problems with my HTC Evo 4g I tried a hard reset and tried clearing the cache and wiping the memory from it and it still keeps restarting! It will get to the lock screen and as soon as I try to unlock it it turns off and then back on again. I don't know what else to do because I can't bring it back to sprint anytime soon and I need my phone to work!! HELP!!!

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm having similar problems with my HTC Evo 4g I tried a hard reset and tried clearing the cache and wiping the memory from it and it still keeps restarting! It will get to the lock screen and as soon as I try to unlock it it turns off and then back on again. I don't know what else to do because I can't bring it back to sprint anytime soon and I need my phone to work!! HELP!!!

When did this start?

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

bugsy2232212345433

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
There is another way possibly to fix the infinite boot loop. Im not trolling this seriously worked with me. I took my battery out, didnt work. Couldnt get to the reset option because the phone would just shut off before i could. I said "**** it" dropped the phone about knee high off the ground and litterally BOOM it started to work correctly again. Try that if all else fails, if u break ur screen then hey u get a new phone if its in the warranty.

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
So I bought and htc evo 4g and it worked fine. but after 3 months later their was an update that showed on the phone and i update it. But later then it started to shut down when i would watch a video be on facebook or play a game. And now it just wont boot.. It turns on but it only stays on the logo..

I dont know if my cellphone is rooted.

Supersonic EVT2-3 SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-2.18.0001
MICROP-041F
TOUCH PANEL-ATMELC03_16ac
RADIO-2.15.00.12.19
DEC 21 2011,12:50:32

MODEL PC36100
MEID A10000138DBD7D
IMS 310007076554873
ANDROID VERSION 2.3.5
BASEBAN VERSION 2.15.00.12.19
SOFTWARE NUMBER 5.07.651.1 710rd
SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH

bolo185

May 2, 2014
Visit site
!!! WAIT!!! DON'T RESET YET!!!
I occasionally have the same problem. It typically occurs on my phone after the battery has run out completely. I plug it in to charge and after a couple minutes power it on, and it goes into the same infinite boot loop.
I panicked the first time, because I didn't have everything backed up. I managed to stumble onto this solution, and it's worked for me every time (3 times so far).

Here's how I do it:

1) First, stop the looping by pulling the battery, and then reinserting it, WITHOUT powering it back on.
2) Make sure the phone has enough charge to run without being plugged in and then UNPLUG the phone. I've done this after charging for maybe 20 minutes.
3) Boot into the hboot menu (hold VOLUME DOWN then momentarily press POWER)
4) Use the volume buttons to highlight RECOVERY and hit the power button.

The phone vibrates, displays the white screen with HTC Evo 4g, then displays a black screen with a large green sync icon over a hard disk. (There's an image here: http://geekfor.me/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/radio_4.1.png)

After about a minute, the icon switches to a red error symbol (triangle with exclamation point) over a cellphone. (There's an image here: http://htcevohacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/htc-evo-recovery-mode-4.jpg)

5) At this point, pull the battery, reinsert it, and power it on normally (WITHOUT holding the volume button). The phone boots normally, and all the apps and data are there, just as they were before the loop started.

Another thank you thank you!
My Evo was stuck in the infinite power reboot loop and would not power up. Went to a Sprint store and all they offered was to factory reset it for $75. Told me I'd lose everything except what was on the card which wasn't much, had most stuff saved to the phone. Found this web-site and your post and tried your suggested fix. Worked perfectly the first time, my EVO fired back up from the infinite loop and worked just fine with all my stuff still intact.

You'd think Sprint would let their store employees know of this simple fix that might work for customers to try and save all their data instead of just the $75 factory reboot. If the employee was aware of this possible fix and tried this 2 minute fix for me I would have been a lifetime customer of that store for life. Thanks for your post and to everyone on the forum giving valuable advice!

Emma Holt

May 11, 2014
Visit site
My HTC Velocity 4g is also stuck in continuous reboot, and freezes at either the HTC sign on start-up or the Telstra sign on start-up (usually this Telstra sign). I have pictures and important stuff on it that I badly want to keep. I have tried what has been suggested on this forum, however it is still frozen and the only way to un-freeze it is to remove the battery and put it back in. It has been like this since the start of the year but I haven't done anything because the only suggestions I could previously find were ones where you lost everything. Does anyone have any suggestions?

ange_toku

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I followed the steps, but my phone does not display the black screen with a large green sync icon over a hard disk or the red error symbol over a cellphone.

Rhonda Wilson1

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
thank you soooooo much. my friend and i were worrying about how to fix the infinite boot loop when i came upon your artical, wow that worked like a champ. i cant thank you enough
:D

voyager270

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I want to get my HTC evo unlocked so I can let my husband use it. But it keeps looping the start screen. I tried holding the start button and down on the volume but it has no factory reset. Just the following:
Fastboot
recovery
clear storage
simlock
Hboot USB

No factory reboot. What can I do? Also can someone tell me how to unlock it?

Thank you so much for ANY help.

htc zero

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Hello all!

Does anyone have any info on how I can recover my HTC CDMA?

Of course my phone died (battery). I put it on the charger and powered it up. The phone stuck on Sprint screen for several days. This is the second time this has happened. The first time I was unable to use recovery but I was able to do a factory reset. THIS TIME I am unable to do anything. On factory reset, the phone goes to green icon and then it turns into the red exclamation. Same thing with recovery. I have tried the wipe/factory reset...I get an error there "E:can't open /cache/recovery/command" and I get that on all options in Sys recovery menu. I have read several threads on using fastboot but I have learned that there is more to it that plugging in the USB and recovering the phone.

To help answer some of the questions here are the details on the HBoot menu:
****Locked**** (not rooted)
Shooter XC Ship S-On RL
HBoot - 1.58.0000
Radio - 1.09.00.0108
OpenADSP - v02.6.0226.00.0217
eMMC-boot

The phone has never been rooted and everything is stock.
I have seen that it can be recovered through Hboot menu but I'm not deep into this side of things so I will need detailed instructions if possible. I have an HTC Evo 3d and my PC is Mac OSX.

Gr8cook

Sep 5, 2017
Visit site
!!! WAIT!!! DON'T RESET YET!!!

I occasionally have the same problem. It typically occurs on my phone after the battery has run out completely. I plug it in to charge and after a couple minutes power it on, and it goes into the same infinite boot loop.

I panicked the first time, because I didn't have everything backed up. I managed to stumble onto this solution, and it's worked for me every time (3 times so far).

Here's how I do it:

1) First, stop the looping by pulling the battery, and then reinserting it, WITHOUT powering it back on.
2) Make sure the phone has enough charge to run without being plugged in and then UNPLUG the phone. I've done this after charging for maybe 20 minutes.
3) Boot into the hboot menu (hold VOLUME DOWN then momentarily press POWER)
4) Use the volume buttons to highlight RECOVERY and hit the power button.

The phone vibrates, displays the white screen with HTC Evo 4g, then displays a black screen with a large green sync icon over a hard disk. (There's an image here: http://geekfor.me/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/radio_4.1.png)

After about a minute, the icon switches to a red error symbol (triangle with exclamation point) over a cellphone. (There's an image here: http://htcevohacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/htc-evo-recovery-mode-4.jpg)

5) At this point, pull the battery, reinsert it, and power it on normally (WITHOUT holding the volume button). The phone boots normally, and all the apps and data are there, just as they were before the loop started.

Thugdrummer ... thanks so much! The process took awhile, but my phone is acting normally now, without loss of data. You're the best!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084