Google IO Special Plan Pricing

Codeworks

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I called Sprint today using the number we received at Google IO to get some info on Plan pricing. Supposedly, IO attendees that received the complementary phone are entitied to special plan pricing.

What I was told is that it would be $59 instead of $69 for the everything 450 plan, but it would be a 500 minute plan for the $59 price. Still an extra $10 on top of the $59 for the 4G tax.

However, my rep was not sure if I could add a corporate discount on top of that. Any idea if we will be able to?

The real disappointment for me was that I would still need to sign a 2 year contract. No month to month or 1 year contracts will be given.

Anyone else receive any additional information on this?

Thanks.

Orlandocano

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like they are trying to put you on the EVERYTHING PLUS PLAN which is sprints employee friend and family referrals plan. I am actually on it and have been for years.

epphllps

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I would really like to know about this also...heard something about it being a 30% discount on the line.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

skunkiechris

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The flier doesn't specify the discount (although it's been widely reported to be $10 off/month, which is what Sprint told me as well.) However, the flier DOES specify: "Sprint is offering Google I/O attendees a special discount on Everything Plus Data Plans for new Sprint customers or existing customers who wish to add an additional line of service."

Not sure if it will be enforced (I was told about it by the Sprint rep without adding a line) but that's apparently the intention.

SprintDaddy

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I called Sprint today using the number we received at Google IO to get some info on Plan pricing. Supposedly, IO attendees that received the complementary phone are entitied to special plan pricing.

What I was told is that it would be $59 instead of $69 for the everything 450 plan, but it would be a 500 minute plan for the $59 price. Still an extra $10 on top of the $59 for the 4G tax.

However, my rep was not sure if I could add a corporate discount on top of that. Any idea if we will be able to?

The real disappointment for me was that I would still need to sign a 2 year contract. No month to month or 1 year contracts will be given.

Anyone else receive any additional information on this?

Thanks.

No, you would not any corp discount on that plan. So if your company has a discount code for 13% or more you would be better off getting the standard plan and applying your company discount.

epphllps

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Would be sweet if we could apply a corp discount on top of the $10 off. Personally, I think we should be able to as the amount of people with a Google IO Evo is not incredibly huge.

crackerstyle

May 18, 2010
Visit site
No, you would not any corp discount on that plan. So if your company has a discount code for 13% or more you would be better off getting the standard plan and applying your company discount.

He speaks the truth. I get a corporate discount that puts the Everything Data 450 at 55.99, so that's cheaper than their discount plan.

epphllps

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I have a Google Evo and I preordered one from Best Buy...I guess since we can't use the $10 discount and employer discount combined I might as well use my 15% discount from work on the Best Buy evo and sell my evo from Google IO :)