1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Default Does anyone know how many Evo's Sprint will have on June 4th?

I am just another extremely eager sprint customer ready to jump ship to the HTC Evo 4g

I pre-ordered an Evo on May 15th from Best Buy, and I talked to a Best Buy rep today and they said they will receive 20-25 units, and I would be stuck getting one from the second shipment which would be June 9th.

Worst comes to worst, I could just get it on the 9th. But when I got my Palm Pre last year on opening day, I recall Best Buy not getting many Pre's but the Sprint store had approx. 50 phones.

Do you think this will be the case also with the HTC Evo? I am thinking about going to a Sprint store on the opening day. Is anyone else going to do this who isnt gonna get the first batch from best buy??
    Banned

Global Posts
    272 Global Posts

They will have...hrumph...ack....... *dies*
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

:P I need my evo!!!!

The number of phones each Sprint store will get varies depending on the amount of sales, etc. the store does. You're probably best hitting up the Sprint store in the morning. Give the store a call on the 3rd and ask if they're opening early.

42. The answer is 42.

when i asked they said there were getting minnimum quantities, atleast at my sprint. im calling on the 3rd tho to see what time they opening on the 4th

I was just at my local Sprint store and he said they would have plenty---at least enough to get them through the day.

I don't know how many they will have in store (I imagine, like a poster above said, it will vary by story, based on their sales), but the word is that Sprint will be taking orders on the 4th once they run out, and the ordered phones will be shipping to Sprint stores on the 5th (not arriving, but leaving origin).

Global Posts
    1,158 Global Posts
    ROM
    The 1 with the GEEBEES

Quote Originally Posted by eshug1 View Post
    I am just another extremely eager sprint customer ready to jump ship to the HTC Evo 4g

I pre-ordered an Evo on May 15th from Best Buy, and I talked to a Best Buy rep today and they said they will receive 20-25 units, and I would be stuck getting one from the second shipment which would be June 9th.

Worst comes to worst, I could just get it on the 9th. But when I got my Palm Pre last year on opening day, I recall Best Buy not getting many Pre's but the Sprint store had approx. 50 phones.

Do you think this will be the case also with the HTC Evo? I am thinking about going to a Sprint store on the opening day. Is anyone else going to do this who isnt gonna get the first batch from best buy??
    If you ordered before May 22nd you're supposed to be guaranteed a EVO. Call back maybe next week.

Global Posts
    1,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

Quote Originally Posted by erikivy View Post
    42. The answer is 42.
    It's always 42
    </awesome>

I heard from a guy, who heard from me, who heard from him, that each location will be getting 10.
    The wait is sure leading to a slew of crazy questions.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigRick10 View Post
    If you ordered before May 22nd you're supposed to be guaranteed a EVO. Call back maybe next week.
    I ordered on the 15th, but apparently 30 people beat me to it, so I will get an Evo, but they wont have enough on opening day.

I will prob hit up a sprint store opening day and then just use my best buy 50$ gift card on accessories

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

The rep at my sprint store advised they would be getting 70% of the inventory.... what that is gonna add up to and how it evolves im not sure. I'd imagine they cover bb and shack preorders and then commit 70% of inventory going forward to sprint stores.

You may also want to try a lesser known third party Sprint store.

I didn't buy my Pre on release day but I did go into a third party Sprint store that night to look at a live Pre and they had a few left for sale, when the local Sprint corporate stores were all out.

total number units available on june 4th is approx 57,500 units. With weekly shipment of 15,000 per week. There 3 major distributors that are responsible for allocation based on individual store inventory level and daily sales. HTC is calculating/procuring parts for 250,000 units as a total opportunity for US Sales. These are forecasted based on survey and % of carrier memberships with intergated buffer for new subscribers planned.

I heard it was going to be 26, not sure though.... Could be 27

they are getting 90 units in the sanford,fl store but still camping out
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

what time are you guys going to camp out if the sprint store opens at 8am

Based on the Pre's launch, which seemed a lot bigger with a lot less supply, I would say don't bother getting there any earlier than about an hour before it opens. I waited 4 hours for the Pre, and that was a waste of time. First in line, and held that position for a good couple hours. People were walking up like 15 minutes before and still getting places.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Law View Post
    Based on the Pre's launch, which seemed a lot bigger with a lot less supply, I would say don't bother getting there any earlier than about an hour before it opens. I waited 4 hours for the Pre, and that was a waste of time. First in line, and held that position for a good couple hours. People were walking up like 15 minutes before and still getting places.
    Completely agree. I got to Sprint at 4am (4 hours before opening) and it was a HUGE waste of time. I was first in line, the next person came at like 6am, then no one until like 7ish.. Then around 7:30 there was a line, but guess what? They had PLENTY, there were like 15-20 ppl in line. I plan on going at 6:30am.

Ohh PLUS the police were a b*tch. I had an office come up to me asking what I was doing. I explained to him, he sat and waited for like 15-20min. (This was like 5:40) and then someone else showed up and explained the same thing. The cop thought we were completely nuts.
    Last edited by tntsniper; 05-27-2010 at 07:36 AM.