EVO Upgrade, Airave and a $150.00 discount....

clafountaine

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
(I'm gonna put this here because I know a lot of us are vying for a upgrade price on an EVO!)

OK...so I know a lot of us are still in contract and NOT eligible for the $150.00 discount. (me being one of them.) I had planned on buying the phone with a new account, swapping phones with my current one, cancelling the phone, paying the ETF blah blah blah....

So I am on my sprint.com account today and notice that my Airave is prompting me that I am eligible for the $150.00 rebate if I upgrade it. I call Sprint, Play dumb and ask the girl if she can "switch" the discount to my primary line. She puts me on hold because she see's its an airave and not sure if they can do it, she comes back a few minutes later and says its "all set" and offers to upgrade me on the spot (until she find out I want the EVO and realizes she can't do the sale!) She said she notated my accounted and that Best Buy would be able to process the upgrade and put the EVO on my primary line!!!

Not sure if ya'll will have the same luck, if any of you have a similar situation but it's worth a try. We will see on the 4th if this actually works or not.

clafountaine

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it's still saying my primary line isn't due for another 4 months because the rep told me she couldn't "switch" the upgrade discount, but notated the account. We will see!

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it's still saying my primary line isn't due for another 4 months because the rep told me she couldn't "switch" the upgrade discount, but notated the account. We will see!

Best Buy wont be able to do the upgrade. You are going to have to go through Sprint.

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
hmmmm....the rep told me they could. Maybe the BB rep will have to call into Sprint and do it over the phone??

We will see! Hopefully they can get it done!

The only way i see this happening is if he calls and Sprint moves up your eligiblity which they should just do now. Hope all goes well for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton