Got the call from Best Buy

anon(22388)

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Got a call today from Best BUy in Long Beach, Ca (Marina Pacifica). They are opening at 0900 hours. She asked me what time I wanted, I of course said 0900.

ataneja

May 13, 2010
Visit site
My RS in Chicago is opening at 9am, but the manager asked that i come at 9:30 to give them time to open up I guess. I might just go at 9 and see if I get lucky...

kyrumo

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
I tried to take the day off but I couldn't get it, I'm a Verizon tech rep and am looking forward to showing off my new Sprint EVO hahahah

bdarknessb

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Why is BB making appointments to pick up the phone like its a doctors office, RS gives you two days to get it before restocking it. I thought that was the point of a pre-order.

They make appointments because every phone needs to be activated by BestBuy, the process could take up to half an hour. So by having appointments you wont have people backed up waiting to have their phone activated.

fredd0

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I tried to take the day off but I couldn't get it, I'm a Verizon tech rep and am looking forward to showing off my new Sprint EVO hahahah

i just saw a demonstration of LTE... amazing speed. depending on the price, that may be my next internet service.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
The Best Buy I was at, the people at the cell phone section did not know the store was opening at 8am that day, so they did not book any apointments for before 10am. Then a manager walking by told them 8am, so guess what? I got the 8am apt, Muwhahahaha

rockyjay

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Ha!!! I got my call while I was running on the treadmill. I think the poor girl thought i was having sex with all the heavy breathing. I prob should have said so. She sounded kind uncomfortable with the whole conversation.

edq

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I live in the Raleigh, NC area. My appointment is for 8:30...got my call last night. I'm #3!! They even sold me on the Zagg InvisibleShield which will be pre-installed and ready when I go in to pick it up.

...ha!..I'm also a Verizon employee. Pretty sad that my employee discount doesn't even come close to what Sprint is giving me.

yanks4life

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Hey edq, hal3146, I am in raleigh, NC and got my call last night also and have an appointment set up for 8am at the best buy off of Capital Blvd. Guy said I was first one he called so I had my choice of picking times, and he also offered me the invisishield, but I declined it as I think I am going to try it without a shield for the beginning and see how it goes.

baldilox#AC

May 28, 2010
Visit site
no card?

I got my call today too. I'm set for 8:30. they tried to upsell me an 8GB card for $20. i questioned them about how it is supposed to ship w/an 8GB card & they said no. anyone else get this? am i wrong? all the unboxing vids & articles i've seen all say it comes with a card.

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I got my call today too. I'm set for 8:30. they tried to upsell me an 8GB card for $20. i questioned them about how it is supposed to ship w/an 8GB card & they said no. anyone else get this? am i wrong? all the unboxing vids & articles i've seen all say it comes with a card.

That's Best Buy for you lol. It does come with a 8gb micro SD card. It's already installed on the phone out of the box

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Usually the next week ad scans are leaked already. I have been searching all week and got nothing. Guess i will just wait for Sunday's paper :mad:

Night Train

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I just called RS.....

....and the manager asked what time I wanted to come in next Friday. Told her 8 o'clock and she said they'd be open at that time. Taking the day off and gonna enjoy having fun with my new toy. :cool::cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20