Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 67
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    kyrumo's Avatar

    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

    Default Got the call from Best Buy

    Best Buy called me this morning to ask me what time I want to come in and pick up my EVO on the 4th, he said I was first in line ;-)

    Yes i'm freaking excited
  2. #2  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyrumo View Post
    Best Buy called me this morning to ask me what time I want to come in and pick up my EVO on the 4th, he said I was first in line ;-)

    Yes i'm freaking excited
    I was first in line too but had to take the 8:30 slot over the 8:00 because I have to take the kids to school first. They also told me someone will be there from Invisishield installing screen protectors if people want them to.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    kyrumo's Avatar

    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by csierra72 View Post
    I was first in line too but had to take the 8:30 slot over the 8:00 because I have to take the kids to school first. They also told me someone will be there from Invisishield installing screen protectors if people want them to.
    Your lucky my BB don't open til 10:00am
  4. #4  

    Default

    Yea I got a call from them a couple of days ago. Funny thing is I was in the store earlier that day and the manager said the larger stores were doing appoinments and then I get a call later that day. Guess he liked the appt idea I gave him LOL
  5. #5  

    Default

    I went down to my RS yesterday and asked the guy if they were going to open early...he said they had no plans as of yet. He did say that a couple of other guys came by and said they'd be standing out front an hour early (they open at 10) to be the first ones in.

    Guess I'll get there at 8:59...

    These have been just about the loooooongest few weeks of my life. Anybody know what I'm talkin' 'bout?
  6. #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyrumo View Post
    Your lucky my BB don't open til 10:00am
    My BB also said they're opening at 10a when I called today. I wonder if it's up to the managers running a particular store.
  7. #7  

    Default

    wonder if BB will match RS on what time they open, since RS said most stores will open at 6AM
  8. #8  

    Default

    I checked at my local Best Buy today and they said they thought they were opening at 8:00 am, though they hadn't received confirmation yet. They also won't have an appointment system, so I'll probably show up early to try to get a good spot in any possible line.
  9. #9  

    Default

    JUST got the call! 8:30 AM. Going to be distracted at work all day!
  10. #10  

    Default

    anyone got a call from a bestbuy in the nyc area? i havent gotten a call yet
  11. #11  
    tndave's Avatar

    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    I went down to my RS yesterday and asked the guy if they were going to open early...he said they had no plans as of yet. He did say that a couple of other guys came by and said they'd be standing out front an hour early (they open at 10) to be the first ones in.

    Guess I'll get there at 8:59...

    These have been just about the loooooongest few weeks of my life. Anybody know what I'm talkin' 'bout?
    Oh, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about! I keep trying to calm down by telling myself it's just a phone, but then again we all know it's not just a phone!
  12. #12  
    MannyZ28's Avatar

    Posts
    2,692 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,623 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default

    I pre ordered one Evo at BB and one at RS. Was at RS today and they told me that if they had 4 pre orders or more, they would have to open early, lucky for them, I was pre order #3 and today was the cut off date! They actually said they were glad that I pre ordered my other Evo at BB!

    If you're wondering why only 3 pre orders...it's a small RS, and the average age in this county is 62..... I am not kidding.... At BB I am #13.
  13. #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vince_in_chicago View Post
    JUST got the call! 8:30 AM. Going to be distracted at work all day!
    BTW, this is at the Best Buy in the Hancock building in Chicago.
  14. #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vince_in_chicago View Post
    JUST got the call! 8:30 AM. Going to be distracted at work all day!
    I took the day off
  15. #15  

    Default

    Why is BB making appointments to pick up the phone like its a doctors office, RS gives you two days to get it before restocking it. I thought that was the point of a pre-order.
  16. #16  

    Default

    Damn still no call and I preordered at BB and RS. Although RS said that if they had enough interest they would open at 6-7am. That's likely where i am getting it.
  17. #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by csierra72 View Post
    I took the day off
    LOL! me too! I figure I can't just leave the phone in the box all day, so might as well enjoy it

    Wish it's this weekend though, so we have Memorial weekend, and more time to play with the phone!
  18. #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by apexi350z View Post
    LOL! me too! I figure I can't just leave the phone in the box all day, so might as well enjoy it

    Wish it's this weekend though, so we have Memorial weekend, and more time to play with the phone!
    It just happened to work for me because I have a luncheon at my daughter's school that afternoon. We're almost there!
  19. #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by extrafuzzyllama View Post
    anyone got a call from a bestbuy in the nyc area? i havent gotten a call yet
    I'm in the Bronx but ordered @ BB in Yonkers on the 13th. I was there yesterday and they said they're not doing appointments but whoever ordered before the 21st will definately get their phones. Anyone after that date will get one if someone cancels. They said no one can just walk in and take your phone, the form you filled out will be taped to the box of the phone. They also said they will be making phone calls as a reminder, when they get their shipment in.
  20. #20  

    Default

    I preordered at RS but the zagg cover made me call my BB today to see if they would have in stock and the answer was we have them already and someone will be here to put them on for you. That is where my $20 rewards will go to from buying my new laptop this year!!!!
  21. #21  
    saa001's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

    Default

    Got a call today from Best BUy in Long Beach, Ca (Marina Pacifica). They are opening at 0900 hours. She asked me what time I wanted, I of course said 0900.
  22. #22  

    Default

    My RS in Chicago is opening at 9am, but the manager asked that i come at 9:30 to give them time to open up I guess. I might just go at 9 and see if I get lucky...
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  
    kyrumo's Avatar

    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

    Default

    I tried to take the day off but I couldn't get it, I'm a Verizon tech rep and am looking forward to showing off my new Sprint EVO hahahah
  24. #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joeriginal View Post
    Why is BB making appointments to pick up the phone like its a doctors office, RS gives you two days to get it before restocking it. I thought that was the point of a pre-order.
    They make appointments because every phone needs to be activated by BestBuy, the process could take up to half an hour. So by having appointments you wont have people backed up waiting to have their phone activated.
  25. #25  
    fredd0's Avatar

    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyrumo View Post
    I tried to take the day off but I couldn't get it, I'm a Verizon tech rep and am looking forward to showing off my new Sprint EVO hahahah
    i just saw a demonstration of LTE... amazing speed. depending on the price, that may be my next internet service.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions