Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    clean rom ics

Default Best Buy claims no $10 add on in Denver

They could be full of crap, but Best Buy told me (when I ordered my Evo) that Sprint in the Denver Market is NOT charging the $10 add-on until 4G is launched in Denver. A Sprint sales person told me that it most likely will hit in July or August. The end of Summer at the latest (which is the end of August anyhow?) I cannot get confirmation or denial from Sprint on this. When I call or chat in, they say that each market can made their own decision. The Sprint store guy basically did the same thing. He said "Currently there is no information if the Denver market will be charging the extra $10 on the Sprint Evo. More information will be available after it is released." Just like he was reading a script.

Anyone else hear of reports like this?
    If at first you don't succeed, then sky driving is not for you.

ROM
    The 1 with the GEEBEES

Quote Originally Posted by McPlot View Post
    They could be full of crap, but Best Buy told me (when I ordered my Evo) that Sprint in the Denver Market is NOT charging the $10 add-on until 4G is launched in Denver. A Sprint sales person told me that it most likely will hit in July or August. The end of Summer at the latest (which is the end of August anyhow?) I cannot get confirmation or denial from Sprint on this. When I call or chat in, they say that each market can made their own decision. The Sprint store guy basically did the same thing. He said "Currently there is no information if the Denver market will be charging the extra $10 on the Sprint Evo. More information will be available after it is released." Just like he was reading a script.

Anyone else hear of reports like this?
    Your Best Buy is wrong. It is NOT a 4G charge.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    clean rom ics

Sprint said it is for the 4G. Then corrected themselves when I said 4G is not available in my area, then changed it to the 4G ability of the phone itself, even if you are not in a 4G area. So it is for the 4G from my understanding, and from what Sprint was saying.
    If at first you don't succeed, then sky driving is not for you.

The $10 is NOT for 4G.. I don't care what you heard from the guy at Best Buy, or at the Sprint store. It's a premium data charge, and it's national. You'll see it on your bill, trust me.

Enjoy!

I'm actually fine with the $10/month per Evo charge.
    Cause Verizon's doing tier'd 4g plans.

But the $10/month charge really is for the fact that you get unlimited everything.... no cap at all on 3g or 4g.

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

will this be per phone or per plan.

ROM
    Stock for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Sawyer View Post
    The $10 is NOT for 4G.. I don't care what you heard from the guy at Best Buy, or at the Sprint store. It's a premium data charge, and it's national. You'll see it on your bill, trust me.

Enjoy!
    That is exactly what I've been told by numerous sprint employees and higher ups. To say otherwise at this point seems like a cheap sales pitch if its by a Bestbuy/Radioshack/Sprint sales employee.

If its true, that would be great but I doubt it. There is no publicly stated 4g plans here for quite a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick8539 View Post
    will this be per phone or per plan.
    it's per phone.
    ***LOVIN' MY EVO!***

ok why isn't this thead closed yet, androidcentral does not seem to like these $10 fee posts anymore even if the point of the thread was to bring up a valid point for discussion
    Palm Pre 6-6-09
    HTC EVO 6-4-10
    HTC EVO 3D 6-24-11

My Phone Has 3 Camera's, How Many Does Yours Have?!?!

I highly doubt that it is based on different cities and market. I called Sprint directly and they have said it is national. My entire state won't get 4G until most likely end of 2011 or 2012, and we are still getting the $10 premium charge. As the lady said, you will be traveling to other states that might have it, or other cities, so that is why they can charge the $10, because they can't shut off 4G on the phone on their end.

When I went in to BB the other day to check on my pre-order and play with their EVO display model... the salesman ask me, "Do you know that there is a mandatory $10 charge for Premium Data on the EVO?" I told him, "Yes, I do know about the $10 charge."

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

I'm in Denver also. The Sprint rep said we'd have the additional charge. EVERYONE with an Evo will have it.