Please Help! HTC Evo 4G-UPDATE BASICALLY RUINED PHONE.

storms86

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Hello all. This is my first post here but I have been lurking on the android central forums for some time. I pre-ordered the Asus Transformer Prime and learned alot about the TP on these android central forums.

But on to my Issue. I downloaded the ICS 4.0 Launcher application for my HTC EVO 4G when it was first released. I then decided to update the app. This was obviously a mistake. My phone will not go to a home screen of any sort. When the phone boots up it shows an immediate force close screen that reads "The application ICS 4.0 Launcher(process android.process.acore) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." I am literally helpless at this point. I can not make any phone calls. I can only take calls and respond to text messages.

Is there anything I can do?

Please any guidance will be much appreciated.

asd216

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Try hitting the search key on the phone and look up settings. Go to applications, manage applications, then click on the ics laucher, and then hit clear deault or uninstall. If that doesnt work then you might have to do a factory reset...sucks but thats the obly options i can think of

storms86

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the response. I was able to figure something out.

I attempted the search option when I first was getting the force close alert. It did not work, I could never make it past that pop up. Once I received a text message i was able to send a text message with a link for Yahoo! just so I could access the internet. Then did a quick search for the android market so I could log in to the android market. From here I was able to access the the market application on my phone. This finally gave me to opportunity to delete the ICS Launch application.

Phone is now functioning fine.

This may have been a very round about way of fixing this. I am in no way a guru with my phone. But it was an easy fix once I thought about the different options as I did not want to have to factory reset the phone.