Anyone got the Evo ordered and may not pick up ?

OrderedtheEvo

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Alright so I pre order the evo thinking it was going to save me money. I'm currently with AT&T, but since sprint has added the $10 eve charge and now qik with the $5 dollar charge for premium services(WTF that means). I'm thinking about going a different route now, don't get me wrong I like the evo but if I'm gonna be spending AT&T money should I stick with them? It's not that I'm a cheap ass but here is my deal, getting the evo I would have to pay ETF from AT&T. If I don't like the evo or don't like sprint service, I would go back to AT&T therefore start a new contract and pay activation fee and what not.

So yeah I'm confused. Btw any people in KC area care to comment on sprint signal in town please do so.

Opinions, comments. Please

Exstatica

May 3, 2010
www.exstatica.net
Sprint has a 30 day money back guarantee. If you're not happy you can walk away from it no harm no foul, and you get all your money back.

So why not try it for a month, and if you like it then port your number, if you don't then just stick with AT&T. I know a lot of people leaving the big A to switch to Sprint. I did about a year ago and I couldn't be happier.

By the way I doubt the premium charge for qik is that big of a deal. Its probably something I'll never use, therefore I don't count it as an extra service I'll be paying for.

Okkoto86

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Alright so I pre order the evo thinking it was going to save me money. I'm currently with AT&T, but since sprint has added the $10 eve charge and now qik with the $5 dollar charge for premium services(WTF that means). I'm thinking about going a different route now, don't get me wrong I like the evo but if I'm gonna be spending AT&T money should I stick with them? It's not that I'm a cheap ass but here is my deal, getting the evo I would have to pay ETF from AT&T. If I don't like the evo or don't like sprint service, I would go back to AT&T therefore start a new contract and pay activation fee and what not.

So yeah I'm confused. Btw any people in KC area care to comment on sprint signal in town please do so.

AT&T money? Do you call allot of land lines? If not the $70 + $10 = $80 sprint plan is basically unlimited everything. Unlimited everything on att costs $120, no where near the same lol.

And if you worried about the etf, dont cancel your att service right away. Start sprint and try it out with a temp number, there's no risk. If you like it you can pay your etf with att and port your number later.

kcpowercat

May 17, 2010
Visit site
sprint service everywhere I go in KC is great...I live downtown so I know that best and I have no issues. I'd switch from AT&T if I were you....support the hometown team.

Codeworks

May 17, 2010
Visit site
QIK has clarified the charge. Standard 2 way video conferencing is included. The $4.99 will be for extra features announced at launch.

OrderedtheEvo

May 16, 2010
Visit site
AT&T money? Do you call allot of land lines? If not the $70 + $10 = $80 sprint plan is basically unlimited everything. Unlimited everything on att costs $120, no where near the same lol.

And if you worried about the etf, dont cancel your att service right away. Start sprint and try it out with a temp number, there's no risk. If you like it you can pay your etf with att and port your number later.

Well I don't have the AT&T unlimited plan. I was going by how many minutes I use. But yes If you look at it that way you get way more bang for the buck with sprint. Thanks

kenmid EVO

May 16, 2010
Visit site

qik is free, Qik two-way video calling on the Sprint EVO 4G is free, premium service is not -- Engadget
that should save you some money

Froghair#AC

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Beware of re-stocking charge. A corporate Sprint store in Seattle told me if I tried out the EVO and did not like it, there is a $35 re-stocking charge. I have no idea if non-corporate Sprint stores, Radio Shack, or Best Buy have the same policy.

sYnOnYx

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Restocking fee shouldn't apply unless your swapping it for another phone.... In my past experience I would return a phone if I didn't like it, and not buy another same day. I would come back a few days later and buy a different one and I would not be charged the fee.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site

The $5 for "premium" services for Qik is optional. You can use the free version of Qik.

Also, even if it were the case, that's not a fair assessment--any money paid to Qik should not figure into the cost of the phone as it is not a mandatory charge to use the phone features or get Sprint service.

Froghair#AC

May 29, 2010
Visit site
A clarification on my part: I asked what would happen if I got an EVO with a new line, new number. (This way I can continue to use my current phone set up the way I like--it has one app in particular not available on Android phones.) Then, what if I decide within 30 days I don't want the EVO and return it? Sprint said there would be a $35 re-stocking fee. So under some circumstances Sprint might want a re-stocking fee and it would pay to check first.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc