Its not really all that big...

maxiang

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed that the EVO is around the same size as the Bold, which I thought was a great size for a phone :D
This is looking like the android that gets me off the Berry...especially if I win it from here :p

.32in taller; exactly the same width; .09in thinner; 1.2oz heavier. Or quite possibly, the perfect size :cool:

BlackBerry? Bold? 9000

Height: 4.48 inches (114mm)
Width: 2.6 inches (66mm)
Depth: 0.59 inches (15mm)
Weight: 4.8 ounces (136 grams)

• Dimensions: 4.8" x 2.6" x .5" (LxWxT)
  • Weight: 6 ounces
  • Main display: 4.3? WVGA (800x480) 65K colors
  • Battery life: 6 hours of talk time. Time may vary depending on 3G/4G coverage and usage.
  • Standard removable 1500mAh Lithium (Li-on) battery
  • Memory: 1GB ROM, 512MB RAM

Last edited:

maxiang

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
By those specs it's .32 taller...but still not too bad. Can't wait to get it!
Whoops! Thats what happens when I don't check my math :eek:
Anyhoo, I never had any problems carrying my Bold around in a holster, pocket, heck even an OtterBox defender :D
The EVO is calling to me...

neilept

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I have big hands, I held the display unit at the BB today. It was thicker than I expected (maybe I was being unrealistic). I was considering getting a Seidio Innocase, but I really don't want it any thicker (even if it is only 1mm). I think the size is all personal. I love the size of my Pre, I can't stand how big the Iphone is.

But I'm still going to get it, because I think I will get use too it, and it just looks like an awesome phone!

ttkk1

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Yep, just got back from RS and got to hold the "dummy" EVO. I am a pretty small guy and had no problem putting it my pocket, actually rides better than my pre, it does not slide around as much. I don't know about the bold but I use to carry a Palm PDA back in the day and reminds me of that, about the same size just much thinner.

maxiang

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
I always just compare the size to the PSP. It's going to be smaller than the PSP, and the PSP manages to fit in my pocket, so I can't complain at all.
Exactly what I was trying to do, find something I could compare the size to ;)
I've been reading all this stuff about how huge the EVO is but to me almost the same size as the Bold is perfect! Especially considering how they fit that 4.3in of drool worthy screen into it :D