Predict first weekend sales for Evo

How many Evo sales first WEEKEND?

• Total voters

xorg

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Relative to the history of these sales, how do you think Evo will do (including pre-orders)?

smartphone_sales_launch.png

Wikipedia says Droid sold 100K first weekend, 250K first week and 1 million in 74 days.

Anyone know how many Incredibles were sold first weekend?

With Evo pre-sales sold out at many locations, you gotta wonder if it will approach iPhone sales numbers its first weekend.

Edit: Some on SprintUser forums claim RadioShack alone sold 200K Evo pre-orders. Others claim BestBuy has about 50K Evos allocated.

Last edited:

xorg

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Someone posted a Radioshack regional manager in STL claims that 20K Evos were pre-ordered for the STL region.

STL region has close to 3m people. Sprint has announced WiMAX covering about 120m people by end of year (>40m today and >70m by late June), including STL soon. If 20K people in STL area are interested enough to pre-order (assuming this is true), it would seem >800K would be interested who live in known WiMAX cities coming. Methinks there is a chance Evo could hit 1M within the first week if not first weekend, if the supply is there.

Verizon gave Android a great position and momentum through its Droid marketing. Will VZW marketing indirectly slingshot Evo sales?

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Considering we've seen Zero ads for the phone as of yet it's not going to be a stellar launch.
Sure everyone I know knows about the phone but that's for obvious reasons.

Rudementry

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Considering we've seen Zero ads for the phone as of yet it's not going to be a stellar launch.
Sure everyone I know knows about the phone but that's for obvious reasons.

Are you kidding me? I've seen the Evo ALL OVER the internet. Seriously its everywhere, you can't visit five websites without seeing at least one Evo ad.

xorg

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
What Evo has going for it is that many Sprint users can upgrade after just a year on contract at the $200 pricepoint, which many Pre users will take advantage of, including myself. iPhone users have to wait 2 years to upgrade or pay full price.

I'm guessing that all phones sold out their weekend stock supply. The bigger question is, how much supply will HTC/Sprint have the first weekend? The pre-sales will help the supply expectations as they know what to prepare for.

Many on SprintUser forums claim RadioShack alone sold 200K pre-orders.

breakinghbts#AC

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I may be in the minority, but i'm gunna guess close to 1 million phones. Why? I'd venture to say strong pre-sales, and the huge buzz this phone has. Word-Of-mouth, is everything to the EVO.

I told my parents the other day, that I'm delaying my trip out to PHX so i can get my new phone. And my dad said to me "Oh, are you getting the new super phone for sprint?" If my dad knows about it, I'd venture to say, many people know about it already. Even if they don't know the name.

If sprint starts TV ads this week, this phone will blow expectations away.

Again, just my opinion, and if I'm wrong, it wouldn't be the first time.

xorg

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Sprint would be wise to order 1M+ phones at launch. The Palm Pre eventually sold 1M. Sprint would eventually sell them so may as well have them on hand at launch if they can be built fast enough. Would have great psychological momentum if Sprint could say Evo outsold iPhone its first weekend. iPhone was probably limited by supply at launch.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Are you kidding me? I've seen the Evo ALL OVER the internet. Seriously its everywhere, you can't visit five websites without seeing at least one Evo ad.

LOL...you have heard of Google's Ad-sense, right? It basically puts ads for whatever you have been searching for...and my guess is that you've been Googling the 4g Evo.

These ads are personalized for you.....any ad that you see will be different than what I or others see

blupit30

May 21, 2010
Visit site
with the shack and best buy pre-orders, i would would venture a 75k-1m first wkend. i believe most sprint users will opt for the evo. especially those of us who bought the pre last yr. luvn me some evo!

tprevett

May 7, 2010
Visit site
with the shack and best buy pre-orders, i would would venture a 75k-1m first wkend. i believe most sprint users will opt for the evo. especially those of us who bought the pre last yr. luvn me some evo!

I spoke to my sprint rep (who's also a friend) who was on his way to EVO training on Friday. He told me that 1.3 million people signed up for updates on the Sprint - HTC EVO™ 4G site.. He also said the the store has been told that they there will be plenty of inventory for the demand which is expected. He also said that inventory levels could be based on the those 1.3 million people who signed up. (remember you had to put your zipcode in?)..

I'm gonna guess (hope) that sales will be over 1 million in the first weekend. I know my store (I travel over 40 miles to get to my friends store (even though there is a store 5 miles away). I'll get there at 7:00 for an 8:00 opening.. unless there are lots of "campers". I may also order one online just to be safe, which I will cancel on friday (unless I don't get one).

LABLE

May 4, 2010
Visit site
LOL...you have heard of Google's Ad-sense, right? It basically puts ads for whatever you have been searching for...and my guess is that you've been Googling the 4g Evo.

These ads are personalized for you.....any ad that you see will be different than what I or others see

Well its all over the NBA website which should be getting a lot of traffic due to the finals.

But anyways I hope this phone does well, thinking it will be close to that 750k mark.( Depending on if they get that amount of inventory on launch day)

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
75k to 1m, that's quite a spread!

My bet is that it'll be at or near the 300k mark for the weekend.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Wow the majority voters here said 100K-250K. I really think that is low. I voted 1 to 2 mil but I think that is being optimistic. I cannot see it selling less than 750K-1M, I really can't. Just the converts alone seems HUGE!

slideways

May 18, 2010
Visit site
keep in mind RS has presold 200,000 units, BB has surely presold more units than that. i think 750-1mil is not out of the question.

vbsoulpole

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I'd be really happy if it even surpasses 400k, but I dont think it will. Im more interested in the aftermath. If it can continue momentum through the iPhone release I'll be extremely impressed.

xorg

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
They can only sell as many as has been manufactured for launch. Word is Radio Schack has 200K allocated, BB has 50K allocated. I'm going to guess that Sprint has 250K allocated, so up to 500K will be available for first weekend is my guess.

I do think Sprint should order over 1M though for first weekend (if they can be built fast enough) so that they can have to potential to see it outsold iPhone its first weekend. If they don't, they'll still likely evetually sell them. If they do sell them, it would be significant psychological momentum that would get plastered all over the media. Knowing Sprint though, they wouldn't think of that opportunity.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power