Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Confirm with your SPRINT Store

Now that we have less then a week to wait I think that those of you that are gonna head to a SPRINT store verify that they'll will have EVO's. I went to the nearest SPRINT store to pay my bill and asked about EVO's availability. They told me they weren't getting any because the corporate SPRINT store and BEST BUY have dib's. I didn't know the there was corporate store's and non corporate stores. Long story short those of you who are buying at SPRINT make sure they'll have some in stock. I'm glad I found this out because if Best Buy doesn't match the SPRINT or Shack retail price to SPRINT I go.

ROM
    The 1 with the GEEBEES

Quote Originally Posted by chrgnthru View Post
    Now that we have less then a week to wait I think that those of you that are gonna head to a SPRINT store verify that they'll will have EVO's. I went to the nearest SPRINT store to pay my bill and asked about EVO's availability. They told me they weren't getting any because the corporate SPRINT store and BEST BUY have dib's. I didn't know the there was corporate store's and non corporate stores. Long story short those of you who are buying at SPRINT make sure they'll have some in stock. I'm glad I found this out because if Best Buy doesn't match the SPRINT or Shack retail price to SPRINT I go.
    Corpotate Stores are stores ran by Sprint. You went to a Sprint retailer. Go on Sprint.com and locate your nearest corp store

Here
    http://sprint.findlocation.com/searc...V=ATG:HE:Store
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I know where my corporate store is I just didn't know about the "corporate" part. I've alway's figured a SPRINT store is a SPRINT store.

If im not mistaken unless your buying the phone unlocked. At best buy we bypass all the mail in rebates so the price will be 199.99. I know usually at Sprint they dont...so you'd have to buy the phone and then send in the $50 mail in rebate. I might be wrong tho
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Genisis View Post
    If im not mistaken unless your buying the phone unlocked. At best buy we bypass all the mail in rebates so the price will be 199.99. I know usually at Sprint they dont...so you'd have to buy the phone and then send in the $50 mail in rebate. I might be wrong tho
    I'm buying 2 of them at the retail price. Which is why i'm hoping my local Best Buy will Price Match the 450.00 sprint price otherwise i'll have to cancel my 2 EVO pre-orders and go to Sprint.

ROM
    The 1 with the GEEBEES

Quote Originally Posted by Genisis View Post
    It's a $100 MIR

I may be wrong but I don't think Best Buy or Radio Shack does price matching on phones

ROM
    Stock for now.

I know the Shack doesnt for a fact, Bestbuy in the past also did not. So unless things have changed your options are

Risk it at sprint (they have no excuses to not have plenty on hand!) or hitup a Shack but pay 50 more. (They'll have a few extra per store, just get there early!)
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by error4o4 View Post
    I know the Shack doesnt for a fact, Bestbuy in the past also did not. So unless things have changed your options are

Risk it at sprint (they have no excuses to not have plenty on hand!) or hitup a Shack but pay 50 more. (They'll have a few extra per store, just get there early!)
    This is what I assume, but I've read around the net that some BB employee's were telling customer to bring an ad and theyd price match. I'm assuming it varie's by store. I also read there price match faq at the BB site and it said they treat price matching the same with mobile. I plan on calling this week see what the policy is. I work 5min's from a Sprint store so if they open early i'll head over there before work.

Global Posts
    309 Global Posts

BB can price match anything they can verify online..
    Want to video chat on Fring ? Read the How-To guide here :
    How-To Video Chat on Fring !

If you need someone to help you test Fring out find yourself a Fring buddie here !
    Fring Buddies
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by sYnOnYx View Post
    BB can price match anything they can verify online..
    that's there policy. We'll see if it holds tue for the EVO.

I just got off the phone with the Best Buy I pre-ordered from. They said they will not price match for off-contract purchases of the Evo. So, I'm still gonna just plan to go to a corporate store, and if I don't get one I'll bite the bullet and pay extra at BB.
    HTC Hero > HTC Evo 4G >
    Motorola Droid Bionic > Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Chromebook
    Chromecast x 2

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Guys

i plan to buy the phone on june 4 if they have any left in stock. I know sprint's policies are 30-day money back including the service charges as long as you don't go beyond allocated minutes in plan. Hence basically you don't land up paying even a penny for anything if you return it in 30 days

Do they usually honor this policy or give you trouble? I want to test the phone and make sure it works in my tricky work building before I can settle with it

Thanks