Front-Facing Camera Video Quality fairly impressive.

ArchGoodwin

May 18, 2010
Visit site
It looks great. I suspect it won't be nearly so good in situations with less light however. It's a tiny lens and must have a miniscule sensor.

AkaYaReal

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Much better than I thought it would have been. This should be good for people that like to do daily video blogs of themselves or quick interviews with someone while also being in the shot.

bdarknessb

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Are there any video sample of 640x480 videos taken from the evo. Would like to compare the quality against the Pre. Also, is the 640x480 compress like the 720p?

Carioca_FL

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I agree with Jordus, the front facing camera does look a lot better than the 720p rear camera. Heck, my Pre's lowly 480p camera certainly looks better than all the HD shots I've seen taken on the EVO. Maybe, as mentioned earlier, a tweak could be added to change the HD camera's compression settings?

Since the EVO will be my first Android phone (I currently use a Pre and have grown used to how easy it is to modify the phone through user-created patches), how easy is it to modify certain aspects of the phone? For those using a Pre/WebOS phone, is it any similar?

Can you add features/tweaks easily to Android? Hopefully Android is just as friendly as WebOS and the community just as vibrant/engaged.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36