Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RobMoore1971
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default can i tether my evo to my eepad?

i just recieved an eepad for christmas and i am wondering if i can bluetooth tether the phone to the tablet.
    i know i can pay extra for the wifi hotspot feature but i am trying to go a different route.

i am not to familiar with in depth menus on the android platform so i am wondering if it is possible.

thanks in advance.

Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    ROM
    Decks ICS/ Tiamat 4.1

Default Re: can i tether my evo to my eepad?

I don't believe you can bluetooth tether for internet access. You can USB tether and wifi tether with the Evo 4G. If you root your phone (which is fairly simple as long as you can read and follow directions) you won't have to pay for the hotspot. Rooting your phone will give you the ability to tether through wifi for free.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Ohh ok thanks. I know you can I can use the bridge with my work blackberry and playbook I was just hoping I could do it on the evo.
    I'm more of an official os kind of guy. Rooting just isn't my thing.

Thanks for the reply though man I appreciate it.

Sent from my finger tips using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    404 Global Posts

will enable Bluetooth tethering, but I don't know if it will work with the eepad or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    will enable Bluetooth tethering, but I don't know if it will work with the eepad or not.
    will only work over bluetooth if you have an application on both ends. As in a laptop, there is a client on the laptop that talks to the application on the phone. The internet is shared through the application. does have a beta project called that is suppose to allow exactly what you want. Haven't had a chance to try to program, so I'm not sure how well it works of compatibility with different tablets.
    megamitch likes this.

Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 7.1 / Tiamat 3.3.7

Try this tether app from the good n evo site.

http://www.goodandevo.net/2012/01/clockworkmod-tether-alpha-brings-tethering-to-non-rooted-android-phones.html