Pre-Order or Standing in Line, What Are You?

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I agree ... I believe this will be a beast of a launch ... I will not underestimate it one bit ... I will be in line ... I rather be the only one in line than the 200th person.

Chris5#WN

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Didn't read the whole thread but I pre-ordered #4 I believe I was on the list for my local RS and location is in lower Ny ...

Some good android specific sites I just came across include Goodandevo.net, androidpolice.com and androinica.com

Carioca_FL

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hot damn, this thread is moving fast!

Chalk up another Pre user, but I'm getting the Evo** just to try out my first Android phone. I'm quite happy with Pre (actually, happier with webOS than with the phone itself, but I knew I was getting a 1.0 hardware, just didn't expect that a 2.0 phone would take more than a whole year -still no sign of a new webOS phone).

I may end up returing the Evo at the 30-day mark, as I really like webOS.

As for how I'm getting my phone, up until a week or so ago, I was planning on pre-ordering, but since there's absolutely nowhere near the hype for the Evo and HTC has a much bigger production capacity than Palm ever had, I fully expect to be able to walk into a Sprint store on Friday morning and walkout with a phone.

Plus, I prefer billing the phone to my account than paying it upfront.

** how do you say its name? Eeeh-Voh? Or Eee-Vee-Oh?

Last edited:

Carioca_FL

May 17, 2010
Visit site
For those of you comparing this to pre launch. I say don't. The pre may have been all over the TV, but the EVO is on everyone's lips. Big difference. Nobody really cared about the pre when it launched, except for the techies. But the EVO? I know so many people who just know it as "the new super phone on sprint". So IMHO this launch will be bigger than most on here expect.

I'm having a hard time as to how you can qualify those statements, whether it's your humble opinion or not.

nextking

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Pre-ord... Why not?! LOL Besides i gotta work to pay for this thing... So no standing in line for me. Back to getting my money...

Agreed! pre-ordered on 5.14 and am 3rd on the list at BB. looking forward to my 9:30am appointment:cool:

oh and im coming from a Blackberry Storm

Saepak

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Well, i will be standing at the door when the Sprint store opens. They are opening at 8am. Will be there early. I am driving to a remote one because my friend works there. I live in South of Houston and he works on the far east side. It is easier to get there way earlier, No traffic. Than to try and get there at 8. So i'll be up around 6 and be there by 7ish. Fun for me.

breakinghbts#AC

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm having a hard time as to how you can qualify those statements, whether it's your humble opinion or not.

Well, i guess it is a matter of who you know, and what you see. But I don't know anyone who knew about the pre that wasn't informed by me telling them. Even AFTER it being all over TV. With the EVO, i know people in several states, that know this as i said as the "super phone for sprint". Never heard any of that about the pre.

Like I said, i could be wrong. We shall see. But from all of the buzz i've heard about this phone, and compared to last year's pre launch. More of the people I know/see/deal with, have heard about this phone, than of the pre last year. Of course very few people know the actual name of this 'super phone'.

tjwoo

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Coming from bberry tour 9630

Bberry is a great Phone and emailer, but that's about it. Terrible browser(I use both opera and bolt) and terrible media functionalities. I just wish otterbox would make a case for evo soon, it's hands down the best case(commuter).

Preordered at BB on the 15th, I didn't feel like waking up early so I made it a convenient appt time of 1pm. They called me last saturday to confirm and to tell me of BT headset they'll give me.

At first glance, it does seem that EVO isn't getting that much marketing but everyone around me, even the non techies know about this phone. It's all over the internet, be it game sites, fb, video sites. I'm almost sick of seeing its banners everywhere :D almost.

sanchezm4

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Coming from an ancient nokia candy bar phone. This'll be my first smartphone. Preordered at BB on the 9th made an appointment for 6:30pm after work, I doubt I'll have to stand in line. Now I just need to sort out what accessories I need/want.

oldpapa49

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
JDS,
Sorry, just read it backwards.. heh..

My mine goes faster than my 2 fingers can keep up with. Grant it, I have a full set of fingers, but during typing, 1 finger on both hands and an occasional thumb action.

C01E

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I'll be standing in line (if there is one, Small town, Lots of people HATE sprint around here). Couldn't pre order at RS because I guess they don't want an easy $499 that they are asking for one MSRP. I plan to try sprint store first just so I feel better that Both BestBuy and Radioshack don't want my money... (work for BBY, cant even try to order till the following monday). Kinda funny, This is also why AT&T stores got my $599 when the iPhone3G came out. Some companies are just stupid about the money they pass up on stuff... Yes, I know the margin on the phone itself is small, But for F***s sake people. Its supposed to be about making brand loyalty, And turning away someone willing to give you five hundred dollars is NOT how you make them wanna come back ever...

mrssexcee1

May 14, 2010
Visit site
*Update*

My Radioshack just called me and my appointment is at 8 since I was the second to preorder so I am ecstatic :). I will now preorder my phones going forward.

Mike20PR

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm getting to my local store 30 minutes b4 they open (no crazy lines for me) besides its puerto rico so I don't expect barely enough people knowing about it either

Imma charge it to my account and go

PurpleGuitar

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Just called my Radio Shack to find out when they open and they scheduled me for 8am. The mall the shop is in doesn't open 'til 10am, so I hope I can get in. :) He was really nice and told me that activation takes about an hour.

silvilas

May 14, 2010
Visit site
pre-ordered at BB. Traveling for work that day for an early appointment so I have a 6:30pm appointment to set-up my EVO. So I have all day to anticipate the sheer joy I will feel when I hold the EVO in my hand. When I got my Pre on Launch Day, I left like a kid on Christmas morning. I expect nothing more this Friday.

After that, it's send the kids to Grandma's, give the remote to the wife, grab a cold beer and then it's some playtime with the EVO.

ddunn

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I have a pre order @ BB with a 9AM appt.
I plan on being @ my local Sprint store about 7. Once I found out about BB being 150 more expensive I'm hoping to score one @ Sprint...but I'm not cancelling my pre order.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol