Looking back on our older evo's

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
How was things like call quality and camera rated? How is it compared to some phone today like the ET4G? My contract has offically expired today and I'm ready to upgrade and even though Sprint data is pretty horrible, I'm a SERO-P user so I'm not going anywhere if you know what I mean.

How does the Evo compared to the Iphone 4s or ET4G?

I was gonna wait till CES to see.

evoskydive

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Evo its still a very good phone. If your think Sprint data sucks you may not want the 4s as it only gets 3g. At least the Evo gets wimax. As for the...it's Samsung. ty updates and in my opinion worst build quality of all the manufactures. The biggest down side to the Evo is it's done with manufacture updates. it's forever on 2.3

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
How was things like call quality and camera rated? How is it compared to some phone today like the ET4G? My contract has offically expired today and I'm ready to upgrade and even though Sprint data is pretty horrible, I'm a SERO-P user so I'm not going anywhere if you know what I mean.

How does the Evo compared to the Iphone 4s or ET4G?

I was gonna wait till CES to see.

I just upgraded to the ET4G from an eVo. Like evoskydive states... The eVo is still a great phone and can still hold its own against a lot of new device out today. When the eVo was released it had the best specs of any phone out there. Now those specs are what you find on the new mid range devices coming out now. It would be almost criminal to compare the eVo to the ET4G, they're in 2 completely different classes.

Now the 4s and the ET4G... That's a little more of a fair fight. And I think their just about neck and neck. Spec wise they are really close to one another, 1.2ghz dualcore chips, great screens... List goes on and on.

My parents both have 4s's and I've gotten to play around with them alot. The 4s is a solid phone (even with all that glass) and iOS is insanely fast and smooth. The camera on the ET4G is a little better when you look at them on a computer. But I really think I would really boil down to the user and what they are looking for in a phone and what they want it to do.

My 2 cents... You want something that just works right out of the box with minimal setup, go with the 4s. You want something you can make work for you get a ET4G.

As for Sprints data being "horrible"... That's pretty much location. I live in center city Philadelphia PA and get great cellular, data and 4G, I work an hour north of the city and i get almost nothing.

And remember things you see at CES... we as consumers may not see for 3 months to almost a year.

As for the...it's Samsung. ty updates and in my opinion worst build quality of all the manufactures. The biggest down side to the Evo is it's done with manufacture updates. it's forever on 2.3

I use to think that Sammys build quality was bad, and maybe it was. But I've got to say I'm really impressed with the build quality of my Galaxy Tab (now the wifes), Galaxy10.1 and my ET4G. When I went to upgrade I was really about getting the eVo 3D... When I picked it up for the first time with out it having one of those security things hot glued to it I though it felt hollow.

As for your "ty updates" going to assume you mean TouchWiz. Well... I haven't had any real complaints with the updates to my OG Tab. It is what it is... updates come when they come. I'm one of those guys who enjoys his devices for what they are when he researches them and buys them.

Sent from my Galaxy10.1 TouchWiz/ADWex equipped Starship.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance